FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anti-virus for Android OS?

deanhills
I've been Googling the subject of added security for Android OS in Smart Phones. Looks as though it is not a luxury, particularly if one intends to do banking or plenty of Web interaction.

Does any one have experience with anti-virus products for Android?

I've come up with Bitdefender for Android and Avast so far. Would be great to hear from those who have used either of the two or can suggest something better.
badai
it does not work like in windows. it will tell you the app/url is bad, but it can't remove it nor prevent you from running/accessing it. but at least it did tell you it's bad. better than not knowing what hit you.
amagard
I have Avast Mobile on my Samsung Galaxy Tab since months.
Your thread here made me opening it first time and I saw a dialog where I have to agree to some license agreements. Looks like it has been waiting for me to confirm this dialog for months without doing anything else. Shocked
After doing this apparently it started its first scan of all the apps. Took roughly a minute, then status went to Green, telling me: protection shields are up and running ! Very Happy
Activity log shows it really started doing its work today. Found 1 security problem but doesn't show me any details nor whether the problem has been fixed. Sad
zarawatsonn
For Android OS you can use Mcafee Antivirus to protect your site from viruses. It also provide the online backup option for your valuable data.
loveandormoney
deanhills wrote:
I've been Googling the subject of added security for Android OS in Smart Phones. Looks as though it is not a luxury, particularly if one intends to do banking or plenty of Web interaction.

Does any one have experience with anti-virus products for Android?

I've come up with Bitdefender for Android and Avast so far. Would be great to hear from those who have used either of the two or can suggest something better.

I ll give You an easy advice?

What kind of OS do criminal people hack or kill?

Popular OS
So WIN+Android are popular so

open n url like "Selling OS Attacks against Android..." and then You buy as CRIMINAL PERSON that software and do damge.

Do U use a popular OS--------> buy a firewall, NOT popular , then there is no attack-software-market. Be careful.