FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Domain and hosting

trugent
Can I transfer my current domain and get a cpanel or must I obtain a free domain before I can host my website?
deanhills
You can't transfer a domain from one host to another. What you need to do is go into the account of the domain registrar where you purchased your domain and change the Nameservers to the Frihost name servers. You can only do that though once you've been successful with getting a hosting account and your hosting details have been sent to you. The hosting details will include details about our Nameservers.

When you apply for a hosting account you can provide your domain name and your hosting account will be registered with your domain name. Alternatively, a free Frihost sub-domain can be provided to you and you can park or add your own domain to the hosting account by creating an "add-on" domain or "parked" domain. "Add on" is usually the recommended way as that would allow you to create more than one Website in your hosting account. You can have as many add on domains as the size of your hosting account allows. Size is 1.5 GB disk space and 35 GB traffic.

Please note that Frihost is a post to host Website. In order to get a hosting account you have to make five quality posts. Once a hosting account has been given to you you have to be an active participant in the Forum by keeping your points above zero to ensure future ownership of the account. Refer the Guidelines below:
http://www.frihost.com/guide.php