FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Blacklist - James Spader

deanhills
Just when I'd more or less given up on really good TV shows ever making their appearance again, first there was Chicago PD a few weeks ago, and I really liked it. Hated it when the season came to an end. And then when I was shopping in the supermarket a few days ago came across a crime drama series called Blacklist with James Spader in it. I didn't hesitate as James Spader is one of my favourite actors - one of the best current actors I know. I particularly liked him a few years ago in the TV Sitcom series Boston Legal with William Shatner and Candice Bergen. The wordplay with William Shatner in particular was entertaining, including his legal arguments in court.

I've watched three of the Blacklist episodes so far and find the style quite different. James Spader is in good acting form and doesn't disappoint. All other actors in the series are unknown to me.

loveandormoney
Some years later
you ll know them
they are fantastic.
coderzombie
deanhills wrote:
Just when I'd more or less given up on really good TV shows ever making their appearance again, first there was Chicago PD a few weeks ago, and I really liked it. Hated it when the season came to an end. And then when I was shopping in the supermarket a few days ago came across a crime drama series called Blacklist with James Spader in it. I didn't hesitate as James Spader is one of my favourite actors - one of the best current actors I know. I particularly liked him a few years ago in the TV Sitcom series Boston Legal with William Shatner and Candice Bergen. The wordplay with William Shatner in particular was entertaining, including his legal arguments in court.

I've watched three of the Blacklist episodes so far and find the style quite different. James Spader is in good acting form and doesn't disappoint. All other actors in the series are unknown to me.

Hope I am not too late to this conversation, but James Spader is the only reason I am still watching the show. The show has become too formulaic now.
deanhills
coderzombie wrote:

Hope I am not too late to this conversation, but James Spader is the only reason I am still watching the show. The show has become too formulaic now.
Not at all. Do you think he is enjoying his role however, as off late I get the feeling he has gone stale - probably because of lack of synergy with the other actors in the cast - which I don't blame him seeing I don't really like them myself - he's the only actor in the cast I really like.

I wish he could get back to the sitcom comedies that he is so good at - like Boston Legal. Blacklist isn't doing him justice at all - he's better than the series.
loveandormoney
We love the show. Buy the DVD.