FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I want to buy a new home in Pike Road,Montgomery,AL.

jacobholtz40
Hi i am new in Montgomery,AL and i don't know about the area. I want to buy a new home there but i haven't any idea from where i buy a new home. If anyone know about this then please reply to me. Thanks in advance.
rx9876
Wow!
You want to buy a new home in the town you don't really know about!
I suggest you slow down a bit.
You could rent a house or stay in the hotel for a period in order to let you get familiar to the neighborhood.

Do not just make a so huge decision when you don't have enough information.
deanhills
I know of a guy from Kuwait who bought his house in Boston, MA while he was living in Kuwait and had never been to Boston before.. He did a great deal. Turned into a winner. The house was built by the architect who lived in it, like a one in a million home with very interesting design. He was very lucky of course. He specializes in ER and his wife is a psychiatrist. They moved to Boston with two young children.

Life is changing very fast. Everything is possible on the Internet. He could have been unlucky of course as well, but maybe he took a calculated chance.
FunDa
jacobholtz40 wrote:
Hi i am new in Montgomery,AL and i don't know about the area. I want to buy a new home there but i haven't any idea from where i buy a new home. If anyone know about this then please reply to me. Thanks in advance.

I agree with rx.

First rent a house.

Only once you are sure of the neighbourhood, you think of buying.

SOmetimes you may not see so many things wrong with the house or neighbourhood uuntil you live there for a while

Atleast one season including rainby season

Leaks on the roof.

Problrm with mold and termotes..

Flooding

Electricity problems
jacobholtz40
Thanks to all for wonderful suggestions. I will definitely think about your suggestion after that i will decide that what can i do?
standready
Congratulations on wanting to become a home owner! Why and why there?
I would think your first step would be to sit down with a bank and find out how much of a loan you can get 'pre-approved" for. Make it much easier to look for a house knowing what is within your budget.
jacobholtz40
I am getting loan for home because i have not enough money and all the formalities are done with in a 2 to 3 weeks. It takes time but it is very easy. According to me.
smith89kelly
Congrats, jacobholtz40 it is good. Now you have your own house and you become the owner. I am also planning to buy the house, but I don't have enough money.
Blaster
I suggest doing your research. First its important to know what you can afford, no sense in looking at million dollar homes when you can only afford a quarter million. Next think if you want kids and what kind of school system you will be moving into. You want to find a good school district. Also pay attention to the price of taxes.

A very useful website that I have used several times before is zillow. Its very useful and they have all this information on it. I've been looking at it as I hope to buy a house in the next year myself. Best of luck to ya.
RosenCruz
While things were crashing down there, I also planned to buy a home in Detroit. Good quality homes were cheaper than plane tickets and visa expenses Laughing