FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you an onlline freelance worker?

playfungames
I have worked from home my entire life. I started off with a data entry job at a local company here in my country which I worked from home and entered the office only to submit the data. Then I worked online, building my own websites and generating advertising revenues off off advertisement programs. Now, I have the websites but I also freelance in sites like Upwork and Elance (which is shutting down soon).

I started freelancing in Elance and after a lot of work and applying to jobs, I got some which really interested me. Now, I am doing those to keep myself busy and to earn a living. They provide me the freedom to work from home and I don't have definite office hours to attend, so more flexible time for my personal life.

So, how many of us Frihosters do the same like me? Are you a freelancer? Do you work online? Do you prefer working online vs working in an office (offline) or a combination of the two?
deanhills
That would be my dream job, although I've never figured out how one does this. If I may ask, what kind of Websites are you running to generate traffic and income from ads?
Possum
I would like to be. right now I'm an on-line Struggler.

Actually I'm not really struggling as I have a job. I do have plan to have an on-line business but I keep loosing focus.
Insanity
Freelancing is nice but I think I would prefer something that can give me a steady paycheck. I don't know of many freelancing jobs that would do that. Mostly you're looking for work all the time and depend on that for your income. Of course, you could make more than you normally would with a steady paycheck, but then again it's not as reliable. There are other benefits as well, like you would be your own boss and not have to really answer to anyone.
Possum
I must say I find it impossible to do websites for other people. Even if there is good pay. So I'm not a Freelance web designer. But I really do want to develop my own site and applications. So I'm am freelance in that way...
BigGeek
I work a full time job and I work part time a few hours a day building a team and residual income. I really like the way my coach and mentor have set up our system, I work at the system doing my daily tasks for about 2 hours a day. It has taken a year to build up slightly over 1K a month income part time in addition to my job - this has been a huge help for my daily living expenses and has provided the income to assist with advertising and emails for my the same business, reinvesting in my home business to make it grow. It is easy work, simple to do, much easier than my full time job, and it is slowly producing the results promised to my by my mentor.

I opted for a residual commission pay business rather than a per job income like freelancing because leveraged residual income is the bomb - it is the way to go - the income is truly unlimited potential.

No matter what your income level is on a hourly basis - like say a Doctor or a Lawyer - and you can earn $1000.00 an hour - there are still only 24 hours a day and your income is still limited!!

I have seen others do incredibly well with these sorts of programs and I plan on being one of them - question is not will I succeed - it is when will I succeed? Very Happy
loveandormoney
Possum wrote:
I must say I find it impossible to do websites for other people. Even if there is good pay. So I'm not a Freelance web designer. But I really do want to develop my own site and applications. So I'm am freelance in that way...

The thing is
You enjoy it.
tonberry
Insanity wrote:
Freelancing is nice but I think I would prefer something that can give me a steady paycheck. I don't know of many freelancing jobs that would do that.

Well, with any freelance job, steady starts when flow of job orders outpaces a person's speed of work. So probably every type of freelance work can provide a relatively steady income - with enough orders, coupled with what already waits to be done, even in dry periods cash flow is stable. But that of course is the perfect scenario and minority of freelance workers can say they have this comfort. Basically, people providing something so good for the price that everyone wants it or people who were very early to the scene and have a position on the market so strong that after many years jobs just find themselves by themselves Wink
standready
Insanity wrote:
Freelancing is nice but I think I would prefer something that can give me a steady paycheck

Agree. Yes a steady paycheck and a benefits package would be nice. I have been doing freelance work (mechanical engineering) on and off for most of my 30+ years. Internet has given me the opportunity to more easily do work for companies all over the planet.
jajarvin
playfungames wrote:
Are you a freelancer?

No, I am not freelancer.
But I could be.
I just do not know how to became freelancer.
afsoeiro
I currently help out the maintenance of my church's website. It is based on the Joomla engine. I am enrolling here so that I can learn more about the Joomla system, to use this website here as my test site, to understand behaviors of Joomla, PHP, Javascript, and so on.
arfaiz
I am interested in freelancing but I don't understand how it works when it comes to online freelancing. Could anyone trust online freelancer? What is the basis of that trust? It seems make a contract with online freelancer is risky.
loveandormoney
Fist step
to be a freelancer
is asking the government for all necessary papers.
Zoey141
I've been working as a freelancer for a few years now and I like the flexibility it gives me. I found some awesome people I work for on Upwork and I've not looked back since.