FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


When will we run out of topics?





playfungames
So, Frihost's activity is going down and new topics are rare--specially the new interesting topics. I see old topics that go something like, "What is the last movie you say", "What color are your pants" and "Please hi-jack this topic" that are active. Those may never run out of replies because well, people always watch new movies, change their pants and are smart in hi-jacking topics.

But interesting discussions and topics are quite rare these days in Frihost. I mean, I used to find so many good topics that I haven't read and replied to. Now, when I visit this forum, I find an intersting topic and I try to reply to it, only to find that I have already replied to it not a couple of days ago or a couple of months ago, but a year ago. I mean, old topics that are years old are still active and I cannot always find new interesting ones.

So, when will Frihost really be out of topics that you have to make a post like this one to talk about it?
spinout
Ha - it run out of topics a long time ago!

the last years is just reruns...

Hm, that comes from the show 25 years of Swedish television - a comedian said the first 3 years was the real show, the rest is just reruns... hehe.
LxGoodies
Hmmm

Nice new topic. What if I start another new topic, protesting against opening useless new topics ? Would that help ?
standready
I don't create 'new' topics every often because I don't have much to offer and things I would like to address are far to personal to share in a public forum.
deanhills
playfungames wrote:

So, when will Frihost really be out of topics that you have to make a post like this one to talk about it?
Basically never. Bondings designed a Forum that cannot get "out of topic". If you don't see a topic (could mean you didn't check carefully though - but let's say there are no topics), then you have the blog system to fall back to. The sky's the limit with blogs. You can start your own blog category on your favourite script. A blog category for tips on how to make money on your computer. You can make tutorials. You can post recipes. You can gossip about Microsoft.
Insanity
That's akin to asking if people will ever run out of things to talk about. The short answer is nobody is ever going to run out of things to talk about. I think those posts you are speaking of are only there because people are lazy to think of new topics that are interesting and relevant, and are only doing the bare minimum to get by with the post count. That's also a relic of the required posting system, though, because if people are required to post, how interesting their content is goes down.
tonberry
I don't think lack of new topics is the biggest problem. Lack of enough users to make a conversation is. Basically, the world writes more stories everyday thn any reasonable amount of people would be able to talk about. Even for such trivial things like football, one weekend of matches just in top leagues in each country provide so much information and statistics that they could be analyzed for months and still there would be stuff to do. Every day brings something fresh, but when there isn't anyone to talk about it, that's a dead end Very Happy
Insanity
Yeah that's similar to what I am saying that we need people to be more enthusiastic about whta topics they want to talk about. If everyone on this forum is pretty actively engaged in making conversation and new topics, it won't really be a problem. But since a lot of folks are in this mainly to keep their points going and their hosting up, it won't matter too much because they don't care enough to make interesting topics. They will simply keep doing the bare minimum needed to keep their hosting alive. But that isn't to say that there are some really active users here that will keep replying to different topics and keep making new topics that are fresh and interesting to discuss.
playfungames
I see mixed responses from everyone. Some of us here believe that we have run out of topics. And that is the reason that I have started this topic which is sort of pointless.

Others believe that Bondings has created something or actually left behind something that will always have topics to discuss. Imagine those topics which never go out of replies because the answer always changes and people always have something to reply or something new to say. Let's hope that the people who believe the latter i.e. this forum will never run out of topics is true as I have said before, Frihost is one of my first homes on the internet and I'd like to see this home stay alive in one form or the other.
airh3ad
Yeah sometimes im run out of topic, how to start new post. good thing to newly member for sure they are fresh and they can start new topic.
Josso
This thread kinda cracks me up on several different levels..

when will we run out, I dunno, when people start creating threads saying we've run out?
Marcuzzo
Josso wrote:
This thread kinda cracks me up on several different levels..

when will we run out, I dunno, when people start creating threads saying we've run out?


I think that we will run out of threads when people stop creating threads about this topic Twisted Evil


HAHA
Blaster
Marcuzzo wrote:
Josso wrote:
This thread kinda cracks me up on several different levels..

when will we run out, I dunno, when people start creating threads saying we've run out?


I think that we will run out of threads when people stop creating threads about this topic Twisted Evil


HAHA

So much irony in this post. I love it.
playfungames
Blaster wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:
Josso wrote:
This thread kinda cracks me up on several different levels..

when will we run out, I dunno, when people start creating threads saying we've run out?


I think that we will run out of threads when people stop creating threads about this topic Twisted Evil


HAHA

So much irony in this post. I love it.


Yeah, my head hurts thinking about it now. We are going round and round because of the lack of fresh topics.
Myrecords
Topics like styles come and go, basically not much new just said a different way.
Related topics
Favourite game? (OFFICIAL THREAD)
GTA: San Andreas PC (OFFICIAL THREAD)
How To : Secure Your PHP Website
lock all topics in announcements forum
Resources are about to run out. What are we to do?..
plz delete old posts
run into pictures
[COMMUNITY PROJECT]Frihost Forum
Me Thinks....
New Topics
Repeated topics and spam.
Flame topics should be locked
TI-Connect software won't run on my xp
Let Us Lock Our Own Topics
Automatically Locking Topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.