FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you hobby-less like me?

playfungames
So, I thought about it today and I think that I can't quite pin the hobby that I have. I don't collect stamps and neither do I go fishing. I love to play video games but that is something which I don't have time for anymore. I just love to be online and well use the internet, but can that even be said as a hobby? Everyone does that.

So, I was wondering whether there were others like me. Like people who don't have a definite hobby and who loves to do the random things that are presented to us in life? Like one day you love to design websites, the other day you want to edit some videos, and the next day you're into travelling.

Just wondering whether you have a definitive hobby that you can call your life long activity that you love doing and that you are doing all the time? Or like me, you are moving from one thing to another, because you can't just stick to a single hobby?
loveandormoney
Many people dont like and have a hobby. Some of them work the whole day. Or they study.
tonberry
Not having any hobbies is not good, things that we enjoy doing in our spare time are great to recover, regain strength after work etc. Of course work can be a hobby too, although not many people are that lucky Wink

Your case is hard to define though, as you say you enjoy doing all sorts of stuff, but that you switch it often. So the right question would probably be: do you feel the need in your life to have a specific hobby? Or do you just ask that question because people around you have their free time more pin-pointed? I wouldn't worry if that lack of focus by itself, as long as you're active in life and it doesn't spread to your "professional" side - what do you want to do in life, what are your ideas about your future etc.
Insanity
I think video games can be considered a hobby. It's a very common hobby, but if people say things like reading and cooking are hobbies, why not video games? Although once you do, you kind of run into grey areas like is watching TV considered a hobby?

Anyways, I think a lot of people don't have hobbies, but they should because they add a lot to your life when you're not just studying or working all day long. You should have something to do that you enjoy and makes you happy and more distracted from everything else.
standready
I know several people that don't have a hobby (unless you consider eating a hobby - laugh)
Dinou956
tonberry wrote:
Not having any hobbies is not good, things that we enjoy doing in our spare taxi orly time are great to recover, regain strength after work etc. Of course work can be a hobby too, although not many people are that lucky Wink

Your case is hard to define though, as you say you enjoy doing all sorts of stuff, but that you switch it often. So the right question would probably be: do you feel the need in your life to have a specific hobby? Or do you just ask that question because people around you have their free time more pin-pointed? I wouldn't worry if that lack of focus by itself, as long as you're active in life and it doesn't spread to your "professional" side - what do you want to do in life, what are your ideas about your future etc.

You're right!
cowkingsscribe
I don't really have what I would call "a hobby". I consider most hobbies to be something you spend a decent amount of time and money on that you make time for, and I don't really do any of those things on any particular subject.

I have a family and I work full-time in health care, right now 6 days a week, so don't have much time for anything hobby related. I try to get some exercise, but that's not a hobby, that's so I don't die young.

When I do have down time, I read quite a bit, and will play a video game for about an hour a day after the kids are asleep, but I refer to both of those as past times.
ulrikejunker
are you happy with this?
Insanity
What do you really spend all your time on if you don't have a hobby? I think most people would have a hobby but they just aren't aware of it.
deanhills
Insanity wrote:
What do you really spend all your time on if you don't have a hobby? I think most people would have a hobby but they just aren't aware of it.
I agree with that. Posting in Forums for example could count as a hobby, but some may not look at it that way.
jajarvin
playfungames wrote:
Just wondering whether you have a definitive hobby that you can call your life long activity that you love doing and that you are doing all the time?

For me one of the main think of a hobby that you do not have to do it all the time.
For example I really like the gym training, but I do not do it every day.

My life long activity is chess.
I learn to play chess when I was about 10 years old and no I am
much older and still like very much to play chess.
loveandormoney
tonberry wrote:
Not having any hobbies is not good, things that we enjoy doing in our spare time are great to recover, regain strength after work etc. Of course work can be a hobby too, although not many people are that lucky Wink

What is a free time?

Istn time the same 24/7?

What is the aim of self slavery in a rich country?
jestoy0514
If watching South Korean drama is hobby then I do have one but if that is not included as hobby then we are on the same boat.
deanhills
jestoy0514 wrote:
If watching South Korean drama is hobby then I do have one but if that is not included as hobby then we are on the same boat.
I'm doing the same, so who knows, maybe it's a hobby - periodically. I like some of the Turkish shows and I've watched one or more of the South Korean drama - they're really excellent. I don't have a clue what they're saying as they're dubbed in Arabic and don't have any English sub titles, but some of the music is really great, and one can make out a lot of what is happening just by following the facial expressions and action sequences.
jestoy0514
@deanhills, I was watching through sites like GoodDrama.Net, MyAsianTv.Se, and Viki.Com but when I purchase a raspberry pi 2 in February it takes watching to a whole new level using Kodi. With regards to subtitle, I suggest you watch on Viki.Com due to they a have huge community helping to sub a drama into different languages such as Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Russian, Italian and many more.
deanhills
jestoy0514 wrote:
@deanhills, I was watching through sites like GoodDrama.Net, MyAsianTv.Se, and Viki.Com but when I purchase a raspberry pi 2 in February it takes watching to a whole new level using Kodi. With regards to subtitle, I suggest you watch on Viki.Com due to they a have huge community helping to sub a drama into different languages such as Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Russian, Italian and many more.
I've bookmarked the site, thanks jestoy. Where did you get your Raspberry PI 2 from? How do you use it?
jestoy0514
Quote:
I've bookmarked the site, thanks jestoy. Where did you get your Raspberry PI 2 from? How do you use it?

I purchase my raspberry pi 2 from Souq, an online store which basically sells everything. It is quite expensive which cost approximately 80 US Dollars for a raspberry pi 2, an 8gb sd card, a case and a few heat sink and a 2 amp power suppy. I am using it mostly for media center(Kodi) for my 32" HDTV and for accessing my 1 TB usb external hard drive on the network. I do have a raspbian installed as well if I do need to work on some programming.
deanhills
jestoy0514 wrote:

I purchase my raspberry pi 2 from Souq, an online store which basically sells everything. It is quite expensive which cost approximately 80 US Dollars for a raspberry pi 2, an 8gb sd card, a case and a few heat sink and a 2 amp power suppy. I am using it mostly for media center(Kodi) for my 32" HDTV and for accessing my 1 TB usb external hard drive on the network. I do have a raspbian installed as well if I do need to work on some programming.
Not only does it sound like a real hobby the way you're doing it, but like a genuine IT development project. Well done! Cool
jestoy0514
deanhills wrote:
Not only does it sound like a real hobby the way you're doing it, but like a genuine IT development project. Well done! Cool

Thank you. I am just amaze with raspberry pi it is really worth the money.
rebacon
I like soccer.
pauline5765
I've always wondered if playing online games is a kind of hobby, but it turns out that not being productive or something that may affect you negatively is already a form of addiction. So no, probably not a hobby so I'm hobby-less too. lol
Da Rossa
playfungames wrote:
So, I thought about it today and I think that I can't quite pin the hobby that I have. I don't collect stamps and neither do I go fishing. I love to play video games but that is something which I don't have time for anymore. I just love to be online and well use the internet, but can that even be said as a hobby? Everyone does that.

So, I was wondering whether there were others like me. Like people who don't have a definite hobby and who loves to do the random things that are presented to us in life? Like one day you love to design websites, the other day you want to edit some videos, and the next day you're into travelling.

Just wondering whether you have a definitive hobby that you can call your life long activity that you love doing and that you are doing all the time? Or like me, you are moving from one thing to another, because you can't just stick to a single hobby?

I think being hobbyless is almost as awful as being assexual. Imagine that you're not one of those assexual dudes/girls and, for some reason, you can't stop by to have sex. Would be a stressful life.
LxGoodies
Da Rossa wrote:
I think being hobbyless is almost as awful as being assexual. .

really ? Laughing
loveandormoney
Do people like that or do people pretend to like that?