FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you do just before you fly at the air port ?

chasbeen
It's much better at airports now. There are a lot of facilities there to shop and eat. What do you do at the airport?
Insanity
If you have enough frequent flyer miles, you can cool down and relax before your next flight in one of the many airport lounges that exist. You will need a lot of miles in order to enter some of them, but others you can gain access to if you have certain privileges associated with your credit cards. For example, if you have an American Express credit card, sometimes you can relax inside one of their many lounges in airports.

It's nice because in these lounges you are offered free drinks and free snacks, and other have even better amenities like free alcoholic beverages and massages to help you relax. The environment is also much nicer than the environment outside in the waiting areas outside the terminals. That's what I do to relax and pass the time when I'm waiting for my flight. Sometimes I do shop, but the items there are generally more expensive than I can find online or elsewhere. Even if they do say they are duty-free.
deanhills
I don't think all airports are equal. One may have facilities but the system of checking in and fighting one's way through customs and security may eat up most of the time. Also most of my economy flights are after midnight. Some of the shops may be open, but the energy isn't the same. I'd also say most of my transfer flights are a disaster in having to line up for security checks again, even in transfer mode. Think it's been a long time since I've had a leisurely time in an airport. Mind you, when I had a huge gap in time at Gatwick Airport I checked into the Yohotel in the airport for three hours during the afternoon. Now that was a great session. Slept for two hours - regrettably got rudely awoken by a fire alarm drill at 2:00 p.m., but then used the rest of the time on WiFi. It's nice to have airport hotels like those right inside the terminal. Wasn't too expensive. Alternative was a paid lounge, which would have been the same price.
standready
Pray that my flight reaches it destination safely!
deanhills
standready wrote:
Pray that my flight reaches it destination safely!
They have pray rooms at Gatwick Airport as well, except they're naming it different to please all religions. Should have taken a photo of the sign. They have those at Heathrow Airport as well. Razz

Just googled it and found the name - called multi-faith room:

spinout
Hehe multi-faith room, that was funny. Should be called "Close to heaven"-room....
loveandormoney
We play sth together. Is shopping at Your airports cheap?
deanhills
spinout wrote:
Hehe multi-faith room, that was funny. Should be called "Close to heaven"-room....
Laughing

Instead it's "Close to toilets" .... darn! Razz
loveandormoney
There is a difference between heaven and sky. Have a pleasant day.
amagard
Because of what deanhills wrote ...
Quote:
One may have facilities but the system of checking in and fighting one's way through customs and security may eat up most of the time

... I check in and get through Security as early as I can, then simply have a seat somewhere and ensure I have something to read with me.
cps31
Most of the times before flying I just end up doing nothing in airport!
mshafiq
Before flying I always pray to God to reach safe and sound at my destination.
playfungames
I don't shop much at airports. I do take two bottles of nice booze in the duty-free shops. Other than that, I don't like shopping in the airports.

What I actually do before flying is go through the security check and just hang around in the airport shops, just looking and observing. I sometimes eat there.
spinout
stare at the Wheels of the Aircraft, hoping not to spot any bad tires...
loveandormoney
spinout wrote:
stare at the Wheels of the Aircraft, hoping not to spot any bad tires...

Look for other interesting passengers. 10 hours are a long time.
Zghenjifo
I will cool down casesam.co.uk and relax before my flight. And i have an American Express credit card, so i can relax inside one of their Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus case many lounges in airports.