FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Feel the Bern!

jmpacific
I hope that all over the United States of America, other like myself are feeling the Bern! We have a real opportunity to change the direction of a county that has struggled in the face of apathy, greed, and bigotry. I hope that you will all going me to say NO to those who would let corporations and the minority who control them dictate the future of the United States. To those of you around the world, please forgive us for our past, some of us want change and want to be a part of something larger. I believe that the USA can only be great by cooperating with other nations to promote peace and an end to hunger. God bless the USA and everyone else. Or may the Force be with you. Or whatever, I don't believe in Heaven and Hell. I believe that we create our destiny here and now through our every action. What change would you like to see in the world!
playfungames
I think the internet loves Bernie Sanders. I mean, I see comments and topics like this, which is favorable or supporting Bernie Sanders. I see Trump being made fun of.

Well, I'm not much into this politics thing but whatever works best for the US, I have nothing to say against it. But I would love to see how this all pans out. Will Bernie actually win or will Hillary be the democratic candidate instead? And also, does Trump have a chance? Only the time ahead will tell us, but I will watch and wait.
BigGeek
The change I would love to see in the world is where Corporate and Government leaders would gain some sort of moral obligation to people rather than the dollars in their bank accounts.

Next thing I would love to see is that both parties and their followers actually gain some information before they start spewing their party line. For example the Republicans - does any one with any sense actually thing that cutting line items like food stamps, disability, and social security payments from an 8% portion of the budget will ever balance it? Somewhere around 27% of the budget is spent on Corporate subsidies - You want a free enterprise system, then make it so and stop giving corporations subsidies - if a company cannot survive on it's own product sales and marketing then it deserves to go out - simple rule of free enterprise! Cutting out 47 billion is corporate subsidies would go a lot further to balance the budget than cutting out food stamps and welfare!

Next institute a flat corporate tax - honestly the republicans complain that the US has the highest corporate tax rate of any country in the world (which it does at 35%), but that is misleading since Exxon Mobile, Boeing, Ely Lilly, and many other giants pad NO taxes, NONE!! If these corporations just paid a flat 5% we would have a surplus in the budget.

Also can anyone answer why we give Exxon Mobile a company with a budget larger than the Gross National Product, and a profit in the trillions of dollars - why we gave them 27 billion in subsidies last year - That needs to stop. I can see giving money to corporations that are struggling but developing new products - but giving them to big oil - spare me!!!

As far as the democrats go - I would love to see them get off the social program funding aspect, and institute some sort of common sense approach to welfare, disability, and food stamps, the current system pigeon holes and ties people to their system once they are on it, and forces them to stay on it! Some sort of system that allows people to progressively work their way off these programs rather than the all or nothing system we currently have.

Those are just a few of the ignorant things that go on in the US and the hatred of the poor and minorities that goes on with the upper class that make the US and our government kind of disgusting!
deanhills
I'll only think the Government is genuine and sincere about serving the people when they separate banks from investments and insurance as it used to be. I agree BigGeek, not only is the focus more on money but those seeking the presidency have to be millionaires in order to get elected. It's basically a system that had corrupted itself.
BigGeek
deanhills wrote:
I'll only think the Government is genuine and sincere about serving the people when they separate banks from investments and insurance as it used to be. I agree BigGeek, not only is the focus more on money but those seeking the presidency have to be millionaires in order to get elected. It's basically a system that had corrupted itself.

They have to be millionaires like in Trumps case - or they accept money from corporations and people that then OWN them, and can get them to do whatever they want because of the contributions that were made to get them elected!

The whole election process and the campaign funds aspect of our politicians is probably the worst and most corrupt part of the system!!
RosenCruz
I like Bernie Sanders too. It is nice to see some fresh ideas in politics. Bernie's promises are revolutionary for US politics and economics. I would like to see him as a President
BigGeek
RosenCruz wrote:
I like Bernie Sanders too. It is nice to see some fresh ideas in politics. Bernie's promises are revolutionary for US politics and economics. I would like to see him as a President

I agree - I would like to see him as president as well. When it comes to the Democratic Presidential Candidates I would much rather see Bernie in the white house than Hillary. There are too many things about Hillary that I just can't stand!

As far as the Republican Candidates go - I really don't like any of them and I think Trump is a buffoon! They are now calling him the peoples billionaire! Not sure what people they are talking about but he is a waste of space in my opinion. 90% of what he spews out of his mouth is pure lies, and he tells his supporters to punch people in the face that contradict them. Whenever there is a heckler in the crowd he calls for them to be removed by force! He makes the most outlandish claims and makes horribly bigoted comments, and for some reason that is acceptable?

Not to mention the fact that the republicans think they have a mandate by the American people to institute their policies to fix the country, and then the republicans go and vote in Donald Trump who acknowledges few of their policies and has his own agenda.

Begs the question - if they have a mandate then why are none of their policy enforcing candidates the front runners?

Bernie is the only one making much sense these days! So I agree - he would make a good president and hopefully start some productive changes for the US.
Insanity
I agree, I think it's time for a revolution in terms of the government. Anything against Trump, really.