FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Outdoor multi-cat medicine

jmraker
I'm caring for four four month outdoor kittens (3 male, 1 female) that were born from a stray/feral mother. The mother left them about a month ago when the female, the smallest one must have been bitten. The wound looked small at first but a few days later it looked like the kitten scratched at it and became raw and beginning to become infected. I used a spray I just bought at a pet store on the wound and it healed nicely. The scab is gone, now it's mostly a little scar.

Before I got the spray at a pet store I was thinking of getting Fish Mox and putting it in their water.
If I put it with some wet cat food her 3 un-wounded brothers would have consumed most of it, she tended to eat last at the time.
http://heavenssafehaven.webs.com/freecatcaretips.htm

They all drink from the water bowl and puddles. There's also their odd behavior of them (I'm guessing) trying to bury their water like it was food and getting dirt, dust and various nearby debris in their water every night.

Do you think it would have been safe to put the proper amount of that antibiotic in their water where 3 of the other kittens would also be getting it?