FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

solar lights for inside house, cheaper idea

crawfish
was thinking of buying like 10 of these... and placing them in each room of the house. @ 30 bucks each, that's 300 bucks total for solar lights instead of buying huge solar panels for the roof costing thousands....

http://www.amazon.com/Sunforce-82101-Solar-Motion-Light/dp/B00UH9HZJS

good idea or no?[/i]
jajarvin
crawfish wrote:
was thinking of buying like 10 of these... and placing them in each room of the house

I think there will be not enough sun light inside your house to charge the batteries. Idea
crawfish
^ great point. I was hoping the light emitted from the solar led can charge up the solar panel, resulting in perpetual engergy..... Wink
LxGoodies
Look advanced.. 180 degrees motion sensor, nice lamps !

But this is not made for in house use. These are burglar surveillance lamps.

If you move near one, the lights go on. If you keep steady, light goes off again.

Smile
tonberry
Yeah, those lamps are for garden, you can't charge them from inside unless you put the charging panels outside and lights inside. In that case, cheap lamps like these have awful light to energy conversion rate and you'd have to live in Mexico for them to be useful. Another downer is the fact that those are LEDs so they are extremely energy-efficient but at the same time give very unnatural light. I think cheaper and better option would be to just spend that cash on super efficient bulbs with good light spectrum so you get a nice feeling light and are not punished for it when the electricity bill comes.

One thing those Amazon lights are good for is when the zombie apocalypse comes! It never hurts to be prepared! Cool
standready
tonberry wrote:
One thing those Amazon lights are good for is when the zombie apocalypse comes! It never hurts to be prepared! Cool

Funny!
As has been pointed out, those are for outside and work with motion.
invest in some good LED bulbs for your normal light fixtures.
Insanity
It's good thinking though. It would be nice to have lights like that that you don' have to worry about because it will be powered by the sun.
jacobholtz40
Yes, it is good idea because it can save electricity and money also. It is eco friendly and it will be powered by the sun. With the help of solar you can do many things and save money.
spinout
i wave some solarpanel lights in the garden, charges during the day and goes on at night. But they only cost 2 dollars each...
Possum
I really like your idea of placing these inside and in each room but these particular ones may not work as home lighting however the concept could be developed. You could get a central battery suppl, one big solar panel but keep the sencing lights.

If only you could buy them separately.