FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Learning to draw

Justmathteach
Drawing is a great hobby because you can use your practice as gifts.
TheGremlyn
I'm always envious of people who can draw. I have no real creative mind for it. I can't just draw something... I don't know how in that respect. I have friends who always come up with something new. I follow artist that always seem to come up with something truly amazing and I always wonder where that initial thought comes from... Some show the process and you can see how they start out and change thing and add detail.
BigGeek
Drawing and painting are great hobbies - I have a friend of mine that does both - he is an exceptional artist - he now sells his paintings for income. He is great with abstract pictures and he uses a technique that he learned from a Salvador Dali student that is really cool and is exceptional in its appearance.

Personally I draw myself but mostly mechanical things like cars and illustrations for manuals - drawing is a great hobby - I suggest buying a book on the subject that will teach you perspective and alignment of objects in your drawings so that they will appear more realistic when you draw them. I am not much on still life drawings where you just take a bunch of items and arrange them in an artistic fashion and then draw them. I can however draw a car and then modify it so it looks like a hot rod builder would build it.

When I worked at the Hot Rod shop building custom cars and hot rods we would typically have an artistic rendition of the car created and then build the car to the drawing. Seems difficult but like anything else after you have built a few it gets easier to do!
tonberry
I'm 31 and still working on drawing a simple circle that doesn't look like crap.

I'm sure learning to draw is fantastic at every age, probably every neurologist will confirm it. Just like learning to play an instrument. Finding time for new kind of workout for the brain in general.