FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unrequited Love with best female friend

azkani
So there is this girl with whom I fell in love,she is my age (20) and and are in the same class,we become best friends quickly but as I spent more time with her the more feeling developed for her untill I couldn't sleep at night and frequently dreamt and daydreamed of life with her as a married couple,I decided to spill my guts 4-5 moths into our friendship,and I did one after noon, told her how and why I like her and she asked me since when,now I know she has a boyfriend and so I did not pressure her and told her I am not asking you to go out with me but just wanted you to know whats inside me,it was awkward for the rest of our walk untill she got her taxi and went away,Got a message on skype that went along the lines of "you are my best friend and I wish you the best of luck.. blablbla) in short a sweet rejection with all the apologies you can write, she also mentioned that it was the first time anyone said those nice things to her.and that this does not change anything we are still friends. ofcourse this left me heart broken,I managed a short reply then went out cried rivers and cursed my life (this is my first love ever).I faked normality the next 4 weeks I saw her and hung out with her as if nothing was wrong (but inside I was dying) As we hit the summer holidays I decided to stop all contact with her as to get over her,I would say I was partly successful and for almost 2 months managed to have days where I only thought about her as I went asleep.this all changed 5 days ago when She messaged me on skype and asked why I changed and no longer text her or call her or care for her while she misses me and is allways thinking of me and wants to talk with me with a sad face and ask'd if I was thinking about her,I felt guilty and that she deserved an explanation I told her that I did that because I wanted to forget her love ,she replied understandingly and said that our friendship means alot to me and would do anything to save it,I went dumb from here and give her a kind of romantic version of "this friendship can not be sustained by me) to which she replied with apologies and how happy she is to have a friend like me this is a quote from her message " I smile because I spent unforgettable year with u all I must thank you for all what u have done and still doing for me each word have been said to me from u meant a lot for me,Thank you,you have been always nice to me that thing I haven't found it even from some close persons to me"
I selfishly told her that her words are no longer reaching me and that its time to move one, she replied with if I want to cut all contact with her she was sad and wanted to know how I felt ,to which I replied with my last message that sums up to her the situation

Yes more or less I dont want anything to do with you for the time being ...you know I consider you one of my best friends and I certainly dont want to end our friendship but I just CAN NOT be your friend while I bear feelings for you,I can be a fake friend like I was for the last months but that is sad and hurtful and I dont think you'd like a fake friend do you ? one who laughs with you but inside he is miserable and I dont want that for my self (I take back what I said about making you happy at the expense of my feelings for I can not do that) Because I reached a point where it hurts by just thinking of you.
know that I am doing this so that when I see you again in a couple of months I would have hopefully moved on, and can then see you as a class-mate and friend and not a romantic interest.even so, I can not guarantee that our friendship would ever be the same.
Seems unfair ? yes It might be. I also regret this but I hope for better times

and pls dont hate or blame your self for this is out of both our hands.

I may have been a jerk and hurt her but I tried as nicely as possible to explain

I have known this girl for 8 months now

Pls post any comments on this story and what do you think of this girl and how I handled this ?

and do you think I will get over this I will be seeing her in 2-3 months from now

If she just straight forward tells me to forget about her It would help but she keeps being nice and even saying stuff like I miss you and allways thinking of you which is making me hope for stuff that are not going to happen ....
Justmathteach
Declaring feelings is great for job interviews.

Keep meeting new people. Keep learning from your experiences.
rx9876
azkani, you're right about your choice.
Faking to be a good friend only hurts you,
and you will never get healed if the tortures continue everyday.

Keep a distance to her, and get something to improve yourself.
Eventually, you will find another girl who you love and be attracted by you, too.
loveandormoney
azkani wrote:
So there is this girl with whom I fell in love,she is my age (20) and and are in the same class,we become best friends quickly but as I spent more time with her the more feeling developed for her untill I couldn't sleep at night and frequently dreamt and daydreamed of life with her as a married couple,I decided to spill my guts 4-5 moths into our friendship,and I did one after noon, told her how and why I like her and she asked me since when,now I know she has a boyfriend and so I did not pressure her and told her I am not asking you to go out with me but just wanted you to know whats inside me,it was awkward for the rest of our walk untill she got her taxi and went away,Got a message on skype that went along the lines of "you are my best friend and I wish you the best of luck.. blablbla) in short a sweet rejection with all the apologies you can write, she also mentioned that it was the first time anyone said those nice things to her.and that this does not change anything we are still friends. ofcourse this left me heart broken,I managed a short reply then went out cried rivers and cursed my life (this is my first love ever).I faked normality the next 4 weeks I saw her and hung out with her as if nothing was wrong (but inside I was dying) As we hit the summer holidays I decided to stop all contact with her as to get over her,I would say I was partly successful and for almost 2 months managed to have days where I only thought about her as I went asleep.this all changed 5 days ago when She messaged me on skype and asked why I changed and no longer text her or call her or care for her while she misses me and is allways thinking of me and wants to talk with me with a sad face and ask'd if I was thinking about her,I felt guilty and that she deserved an explanation I told her that I did that because I wanted to forget her love ,she replied understandingly and said that our friendship means alot to me and would do anything to save it,I went dumb from here and give her a kind of romantic version of "this friendship can not be sustained by me) to which she replied with apologies and how happy she is to have a friend like me this is a quote from her message " I smile because I spent unforgettable year with u all I must thank you for all what u have done and still doing for me each word have been said to me from u meant a lot for me,Thank you,you have been always nice to me that thing I haven't found it even from some close persons to me"
I selfishly told her that her words are no longer reaching me and that its time to move one, she replied with if I want to cut all contact with her she was sad and wanted to know how I felt ,to which I replied with my last message that sums up to her the situation

Yes more or less I dont want anything to do with you for the time being ...you know I consider you one of my best friends and I certainly dont want to end our friendship but I just CAN NOT be your friend while I bear feelings for you,I can be a fake friend like I was for the last months but that is sad and hurtful and I dont think you'd like a fake friend do you ? one who laughs with you but inside he is miserable and I dont want that for my self (I take back what I said about making you happy at the expense of my feelings for I can not do that) Because I reached a point where it hurts by just thinking of you.
know that I am doing this so that when I see you again in a couple of months I would have hopefully moved on, and can then see you as a class-mate and friend and not a romantic interest.even so, I can not guarantee that our friendship would ever be the same.
Seems unfair ? yes It might be. I also regret this but I hope for better times

and pls dont hate or blame your self for this is out of both our hands.

I may have been a jerk and hurt her but I tried as nicely as possible to explain

I have known this girl for 8 months now

Pls post any comments on this story and what do you think of this girl and how I handled this ?

and do you think I will get over this I will be seeing her in 2-3 months from now

If she just straight forward tells me to forget about her It would help but she keeps being nice and even saying stuff like I miss you and allways thinking of you which is making me hope for stuff that are not going to happen ....

First thing,
stop hurting her.

Hurting a woman is not a good start into a relationship.

Do You know how to make her laught and happy instead of hurting.

Try a little friendly first.