FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reset password?

aningbo
Hi,

It's great to be posting here again after all these years!! Smile

I was pleasantly surprised to find my old website hosted here while randomly googling my name. I would love to make some few changes but couldn't figure a way to reset my password. My old password isn't working anymore.

There's no password reset option Sad
deanhills
Welcome back - yours must be the largest negative points I've ever seen - and you're still hosted! Bondings is slipping up .... Razz

Which Server are you on? And what Website is it? When I tried to access it my Malwarebytes blocked it.

As far as I know there hasn't been anyone around to help with reset of passwords on the Servers in a long while. You may have to figure it out yourself. Have you tried to use a proxy as your IP may be blocked because of too many login attempts. DirectAdmin is famous for that. A good idea may be to use a proxy account and see whether your password works with a proxy.

Otherwise have you checked whether you could get access to your Website through Filezilla?
aningbo
hehe I used to be pretty frequent back in the day and I guess Bondings know "i'll be back" Razz

I'm on server 2 and i'm not using any proxy server. I've tried both the web/ftp but none works. Bondings helped me reset the password as shown in my inbox but that stopped working. There seems to be no option at all to reset passwords Sad

Thanks for the reply.

PS: it's kinda nostalgic to see this board is still going strong Smile
deanhills
aningbo wrote:
hehe I used to be pretty frequent back in the day and I guess Bondings know "i'll be back" Razz

I'm on server 2 and i'm not using any proxy server. I've tried both the web/ftp but none works. Bondings helped me reset the password as shown in my inbox but that stopped working. There seems to be no option at all to reset passwords Sad

Thanks for the reply.

PS: it's kinda nostalgic to see this board is still going strong Smile

Nope - this is what happened - sort of a thriller story Razz You'll probably remember that there were a few of your generation who around 2006 got their logins and passwords manually coded when there were real bad issues with DirectAdmin at the time. When Bondings moved Servers 2 and 3 from the US to Germany last July, all of the DirectAdmin login and password codes of our golden oldie members like you, badai and airh3ad got left behind in the old Datacentre, which very shortly after the transfer went belly up. Bondings did say he needed to fix some of the coding but never got to doing it - we haven't heard from him since then. I'm still hoping though Wink

Here's the explanation of what could have happened:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-1182975.html#1182975

Badai lucked out in being able to work with FileZilla, but airh3ad, who like you had also been absent for a very long while, was completely unable to get access to his Website. He was also happy to find his Website still up and running, but like you couldn't access it. There must be quite a few of those Websites in that category.

So Bondings is the only one who can rescue you. Angel
aningbo
hehe thanks for the detailed response Smile

Hope Bondings come around. I don't know why there's no password reset functionality!

I missed this forum and feels good to see it is still.