FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LIVE, come check it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GDG
Very Happy Hey everyone, dont know if you know already but i thought i'd post it here anyway.

Microsofot has gotten into search engine fight with Google now, and they made their own search engine called LIVE, its pretty cool and seems to be flash too. the site is here:
www.live.com

Weel please reply your thoughts on it,

-~-GDG-~- Wink
GDG
k, sorry its not fully Flash but its still cool. check it out.
natalie
oh ,yes . i have been know it before. i also think that it is so cool, anyway, thank you very much
yupeng
Some days ago,microsoft bought a domain name live.cn
for 1,20000$.
Many news sites had reported that
Mark999111
wow its good!

i searched on google for ages to get a free proxy but they all sucked, this thing sound me a working one straight away, great!!
devroom
eeh?
Why don't they just use it in search msn but in a whole different site?
DarkKnight
it seems kinda intresting enogh
SNiPeRZ
Microsoft trying to get involved with everything as usual. Rolling Eyes
greekcovers
Hey, a searched my forum there and the search reasults are the same with google ! What's going on ?
noexes89
I heard that this is going to be the default home page of the next version of IE (I don't have a source, sorry)

This is a change from msn.com, a classic example of what some people call "web 1.0." It has nothing other than some fluffy news stories from MSN's corporate sponsors, search and some ads. The new site not only looks a lot better, it allows for "web 2.0"y customisation, RSS feeds from outside MSN's corporate network and is all Ajaxy. While not the best start page in the universe, it's a lot better than msn. It's good to see Microsoft take step in the right direction on the web.

For reference:
http://www.msn.com/
ocalhoun
Not bad, I thought they would clutter it up, but they didn't at all!
The reason I like google is that they don't clutter up the page with ads and links. (although google has been getting worse lately [have you noticed])

I suspect that they will add ads and useless links once they make it a default homepage.
n0obie4life
That explains Windows Live Messenger, the next generation messenger.
gonzo
ummm visual engines are NOT new

http://www.kartoo.com/
mark
Its cool. Its sort of My Yahoo but a lot quicker than it.
bananaphone
devroom wrote:
eeh?
Why don't they just use it in search msn but in a whole different site?

Microsoft is getting rid of msn - replacing it with live.
frozenhead
Well, here's what I got. I tried a query and key in the word "frihost" in both Google and Live.

Check out the stats for both search engines that is highlighted with a red rectangle

Google

Google - 54,200 Results @ a speed of 0.9 seconds

Live

Live - 9,356 Results @ a same speed of 0.9 seconds

Not bad at all but the results are way too far in similarities. I think Live will go through more upgrades before we can call it "one of the best search engines".
gonzo
I don't appreciate not being able to link to a search results page
sibbahz
Live appears much better than the bloated msn.com, i used to get start.com when logging out of hotmail live beta, but now i get beta.msn.com. No idea why
ekingisrael
Really nice engine but its still far from being as wide as google search engine-but one thing is sure-it has a nicer look.
1 important thing Exclamation you can't link to a search page! wich is unacceptable! Evil or Very Mad

until then.... No More "Live" for me!. Idea Exclamation Arrow
hrtorrent
Little slow but not bad for beta.
It will be good alternative for google some day...

Wink
shashi_bhushan
Microsoft buying the LIVE.COM is agreat venture they are trying to take
Ithink they will not be able to COPE with the stiff Competition with GOOGLE or Yahoo
They should go for new version of connectivity appliances so that they can use this Domain for really good and will be able to rule