FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am finally Debt Free

evilryu530
32, I am finally debt free!

paid off the last of my student loans. no more car loans, no more credit cards, no more medical, nothing except the house mortgage.

DEBT FREE is the way to be!

Woohoo!

Very Happy

Who else is debt free?
standready
Congratulations! Now you can really put away for retirement.
deanhills
Congratulations dude! Best part for me is that you're thinking of Frihost as well. That part has me jumping with joy! Well done and welcome back! Dancing
evilryu530
^Thanks, FriHost is awesome. great hosting and great community. I've also saved a ton of money using FriHost, lets calculate it.

Since 2005 - 2015 = 10 years

Godaddy hosting is $10 bucks a month, x 10 years with frihost (120 months)

120 months x $10 bucks = $1,200 real dollars saved by using FriHost. that's amazing.

Thanks FriHost!
johans
evilryu530 wrote:
32, I am finally debt free!

paid off the last of my student loans. no more car loans, no more credit cards, no more medical, nothing except the house mortgage.

DEBT FREE is the way to be!

Woohoo!

Very Happy

Who else is debt free?

Congratulation!!!

Nice to see good news!
Insanity
Congrats man! I know that feeling well. I was up to my ears in student debt because I attended a private university (big mistake) and lost lots of money in that. I just recently paid it back, and it feels good, definitely. I hate that it took so long, but it's a nice sense of accomplishment.
spinout
Hm, I got a loan for the house... But If the work situation would have been better in the 90s I would have had that cash now...
coolclay
That's so amazing congrats!! I would also be debt free but am intentionally holding on to student loans because the rate is even better than I could ever get for a mortgage!
Sivara
Fantastic! Debt free is definitely the way to be!!! It sickens (and frightens) me how debt-saturated our society is.

My husband and I are debt free, besides our mortgage. We recently refinanced our house, though, and at the currently low interest rates, we went from a 30-year mortgage to a 15-year mortgage, with our interest rate fixed for 5 years.

Some very amazing friends of mine just paid off their house in TWO YEARS. They are not rich (both work for small non-profit organizations), but before they were married, they were frugal and saved up enough to put a $100,000 downpayment on the house. My jaw dropped. Sounds like a dream (or a lie), but I know them, and it's a real story!

Maybe Frihost ought to start a topic on frugality? Or we could just start a thread? It's a huge topic I'm interested in. I know there's Economics and Marketing, but it's not quite the same.
deanhills
coolclay wrote:
That's so amazing congrats!! I would also be debt free but am intentionally holding on to student loans because the rate is even better than I could ever get for a mortgage!
My most recent experience has also been - Cash is no longer King!

I've got all of my life's savings in one banking account that for the last few years didn't earn much in interest. So was notified a few weeks ago that if I didn't have 1-million GBP in my banking account by 30 September or fully invested in the bank's investment products, I'd have to cough up 2500GBP a year in account fees.

It's in the Bank's interest to have people who are in debt. Not in our interest though.

Am currently searching for a new home for my savings. Which is another challenge. As cash is being looked at as ugly launder type commodity that Banks are very hesitant to touch. I've got to explain my life away before a bank will give me a "cash savings" account, and then go to many more explanations what the origin of the savings is. Banks seem to be doing the the equivalent of a dog sniffing everything through properly before they allow you to park your money with them, and then are very happy to take that money with very little value in return. Looks to me as though Debt is King these days.
playfungames
Wow must be an amazing feeling to be debt free. I see a lot of people on the internet complaining about their student loans and how it takes out a large portion of their salary.

Talking about me, I just recently paid off my loans as well. It wasn't a student loan or anything but I took this loan for a small purchase of asset. It was a year long loan but I was able to pay it off in 11 months.
Possum
Im almost there myself..

Well done
Da Rossa
Frihost has saved me a lot of money too. The best free hosting ever. And better than some paid options.

Congratulations for your liberation from shackles!!
tonberry
Congratulations! It's a completely different life without debts. Whenever I owe someone something and spend money on something else, I always keep thinking I shouldn't. Whenever I get money and know that I owe someone some, I can't enjoy having it because I know that they're not really mine. That's why I try to borrow as little and as rarely as possible.

Whether it's banks credits or borrowing from people, trouble follows people in debts Wink The feeling of independence that comes with a clean sheet is wonderful Very Happy