FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many friends have you got?

chasbeen
I have about 15-30 friends.

I count the ones I have not seen for years. I define a friend as someone who
(1)Stays in contact
(2)Will visit you at a location that is reachable
(3)Is always excited that you contacted them

How many friends have you got?
standready
By your definition - two
JackK
Five I can actually count on, but about a 1000+ on social-media, who I'm sure a large percentage would make for an awesome friend if they were closer geographically.
rjraaz
No one is there for me.
According to people who know me, I am Arrogant, Selfish, Egoistic and Have Attitude.
chasbeen
rjraaz
I like you a bit so you now have 0.1 friends Smile
standready
JackK wrote:
Five I can actually count on

I have many that count on me but will always have an excuse not to be there for me that is why I said I only have 2 "true" friends.
playfungames
I have 679 friends on Facebook.

Out of that, I get to meet 10 regularly.
20 of those I can meet when I need.
And I don't know how many gets excited when I contact them.
spinout
I got 1.5 .... and one died so 0.5 I guess Smile
Friends do not grow on trees Smile
jajarvin
I have 14 friends.
rjraaz
chasbeen wrote:
rjraaz
I like you a bit so you now have 0.1 friends Smile

Thanks Chas but I confused 0.1 is my friends count or its points or coins that you got for the post. Rolling Eyes
chasbeen
rjraaz

I like you a bit more. Now you have 0.015 friends
chasbeen
playfungames
I like you. I remember you were in the World Cup we did.

However we cannot be real friends because we never met.
Superhitsongs
I have 5, I share everything with them and till know we are not separated
rjraaz
chasbeen wrote:
rjraaz

I like you a bit more. Now you have 0.015 friends

Thanks Chas for that.

I think your liking is inversely proportional to friendship that is why it come down to 0.015 from 0.1.
Or
It may be again count of points that you got for your last post Question Rolling Eyes .
johans
before i usually got 30 friends but now as i getting old i have only casual friends from work. Shocked
astrobyte
chasbeen
rjraaz

Sorry I meant 0.15
Insanity
I have lots of friends that aren't very close, but I only have a few close friends.
torresautobody
I have tons of friends. when you're a business man you need lots of friends.
spinout
I am still having under 1... Nope not a single one.
playfungames
chasbeen wrote:
playfungames
I like you. I remember you were in the World Cup we did.

However we cannot be real friends because we never met.

Yeah we have a lot of virtual friends/online friends. Who's to say that all the members or at least active members of frihost forums aren't friends? We have a lot of friends Very Happy
cps31
I have no one, except my 2 virtual world friends. If they may consider as friend also!
Insanity
I think virtual friends should be counted as friends too. Just because they aren't next to you physically some of the best friendships out there have been through the online networks.
mshafiq
I do have lots of friends. I have good family relationship with them and we enjoy family functions together.
nastynaven
it depends on your definition of a friend. I have a couple close friends but a lot of people I socialize with on a daily basis.
loveandormoney
Yesterday
2 new.
We visited the lake.
We saw a woman at the age of 25 and a crying child.

Two hours later we sit together and laugh and swim and tonight they both visit our party, mother and daughter.
tonberry
It would be hard to even make a definition for me as there are periods when I do nothing else, but work and so I barely socialize with anyone except my girlfriend and family - and even then I usually do some chores at the same time. Other times, looking for excuse from work and socializing more than I should Very Happy So it's from one extreme to another extreme for me. Don't even know how to qualify my friends as there's always periods of intense contact and zero contact, probably because of my working habits.

As for true friends, people who one can really vouch for, I don't think most people even have one such person. Under pressure, majority of people go in their own interest instead of looking for the greater good. At least it's like that in my environment.
Da Rossa
The proper answer is: not much. There isn't really much people we can rely on. I can't count because this is a dangerously variable number, but I have my handful of friends. The other, bigger part is of acquantainces and colleagues.
jacobcarl
I never count my friends how many are there, but i like to make many friends.
Josso
I read an interesting study that suggested that it was actually impossible to have more than 10 friends due to the time you have to invest, the rest are acquaintances really
Insanity
Not enough.
spinout
well they seem to died I quite lot these days. I got one or two alive.
deanhills
spinout wrote:
well they seem to died I quite lot these days. I got one or two alive.

Not good news at all. None of mine have died, but I don't have that many to start off with. Probably also depends on how one defines friendship. I've got many people I'm friendly with, but who are not necessarily part of my inner circle.
spinout
We seems to eat to much and stress too much, a bad combination. I am over weight too, but I am not stressing. I was talking about inner circle friends. But, luckily you can add new friends, I have heard the comment that my friends often die so I am not talking about it so loud Smile

It was better in the early 90s, then I was carrying mutated helicobacterias that was airborne contagious... Then many of my friends developed an ulcer in a couple of months. I was bizarre since the knowledge of that bacteria was not invented, so I got the reputation of bringing ulcer to anyone close. hm let me count hm 8 people I do believe got it, and it is still hard to treat here (we got antibiotic restrictions).
deanhills
spinout wrote:
I got the reputation of bringing ulcer to anyone close. hm let me count hm 8 people I do believe got it, and it is still hard to treat here (we got antibiotic restrictions).
Wow! Shocked That's lethal. Heavy burden to carry.

Looks as though my days are numbered in the UAE, my contract may not be renewed, and once that happens one needs to leave the country. Guess a silver lining is that it will provide an opportunity for making new friends. Very easy to get in a rut when one is staying too long in one place. Friend wise.
spinout
I guess I got it from my granddad originally but mutated in the late 80s after I got some kind of virus, they completely sealed me up in a hospital actually cos the virus almost killed me. But after that I was ok for 14 days but I sensed something was wrong, my eye vision was weird I saw more colors, and my heart beat was higher and my stomach was very strange.
Some days later I remembered having a nice cup of coffee and suddenly my eye-vision was only seeing red colors, more heart trouble. I was then sent to a secret military hospital (was in the army t the time) where they confirmed that something ate my blood. Back then this type of bacteria was not discovered yet, not mutated either haha, so the diagnose was vague. I was alive from the deadly virus, but suffered some weird sickness that was ate my guts ... I had to settle with a normal army duty, not the career I was dreaming of. The bacterias ate my guts and sometimes the food I ate was not staying in the stomach but got out in the blood causing me to feel ill. The eye/heard problems was that the bacterias kind of climed the nerves and made them disorder. I was bad for 10 years, where 1 year was in complete wozzyness, the bacteria is hiding from the immune system that is why it took so long to get well. Today I am ok, If I get the flu or something feverish it comes back a little but not for so long. And my friends that get it is bad for years too... Some puked blood and have bad stomachs, yes intravenous antibiotics make it go away for a month.... a month ... But after some years the immune system is preatty good at handling it ok...
TurtleShell
This is an absolutely bizarre question. How many friends? I have never counted my friends before. So many friends of mine are people that I have fallen out of contact with--but I still in some way consider them friends. I pay all my attention to my two jobs and my family, and now that we've moved to another state, most of my friends live hundreds of miles away. I never see anyone, I hardly talk to anybody. I work something like 80 hour weeks and have two kids.
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
I work something like 80 hour weeks and have two kids.
WOW! Shocked Those are crazy hours. Hope the hours are well invested for maximum returns.

Feel doubly grateful for you to visit Frihost TurtleShell! Cool
TurtleShell
It seems like the return on the 80 hour weeks is the part where I get to pay the bills and buy the groceries and put money away for my kid's college and get the van fixed and the computer fixed and the car fixed. And get a fence put up in the back yard. this week it also involves paying the property tax bill. Unfortunately, I'm not working these insane hours just so I can spend a month a year in Fiji and retire at 55... I'm working these insane hours so we can get by and live semi-comfortably. (and even then we're still keeping the temperature in the house at 66 degrees to save money this winter...it seems crazy that I should have to be this tired all the time so we can live what feels like a very non-extravagant life)
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
It seems like the return on the 80 hour weeks is the part where I get to pay the bills and buy the groceries and put money away for my kid's college and get the van fixed and the computer fixed and the car fixed. And get a fence put up in the back yard. this week it also involves paying the property tax bill. Unfortunately, I'm not working these insane hours just so I can spend a month a year in Fiji and retire at 55... I'm working these insane hours so we can get by and live semi-comfortably. (and even then we're still keeping the temperature in the house at 66 degrees to save money this winter...it seems crazy that I should have to be this tired all the time so we can live what feels like a very non-extravagant life)
Does sound crazy indeed. Ever thought of changing countries? Like set up in Ecuador or somewhere else where cost of living is much less. Living easier. Not so much stress.
Myrecords
Enough to not lend em any money.
spinout
Hm, a classmate from school did die 14 days ago, the heart collapsed...
deanhills
spinout wrote:
Hm, a classmate from school did die 14 days ago, the heart collapsed...
Sorry to hear!
chasbeen
Hello pips,

same with a class friend. Well an acquaintance but a contemporary.

I was sad to hear that through.

RIP Hogan