FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is this good salary

Asia Information Technology Salary 2015 in a Month
USD 2,000
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
USD 1,500
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
USD 2,500
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

johans
Hi, Is this good salary for an IT (Information Technology)

USD = 2,000/ month - In Asia?

What do you think.

Below are the best choices which is a good salary range in Asia.

please choose wisely and truthfully.

I need the survey for my new study.
Insanity
I think it depends on your area of residence as well. I would suggest you look up the average salaries in your specific country. It varies a lot even on localities and not just countries.
BigGeek
Whether 2K a month is a good salary or not depends on the cost of living in your area. If an apartment is 1K a month then no it is not very good, if an apartment costs $100 a month than it is good pay. Typically your house costs should be no more than 28% of your gross income. So on a 2K a month income the max expense for home is $560 a month USD.

Transportation should be no more than 20% of your income, food 15 to 20%, and on and on.

So if the cost of these expenses in your area are higher than a standard budget percentage than you are underpaid for your area. If they are less you are well paid for your area.

That is pretty much how I look at pay and if it is good for your area or not!
playfungames
Like BigGeek said, it is all about the cost of living in a place. I live in Nepal and for me even 1K USD a month would be a really nice salary because the cost of living is low and the exchange rate is really good. But in other parts of the world 1K USD wouldn't even be able to meet your monthly requirements. So, it all depends upon how much you need to spend vs. how much you make. I'd love to make 2K USD a month living where I am.