FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which puppy is the most smart one?

souyang
If you want to choose a smart dog for your pet in the long term, which puppy do you choose?
rx9876
I watched some episodes of Dogs 101 on the Animal Planet channel.

It depends how we define "smart".

In The Intelligence of Dogs, written by the neuropsychologist Stanley Coren, PhD,
focuses on trainability as a marker of intelligence.

Smart dog does not mean it's definitely a good pet.
Which breed fits the owner is depends on many criteria, such as the owner's habits, the owner's environments, family members.

Those smart dogs thinks quickly, and they will get boring really fast, the owner has put more effort to company them and get them some thing to do, otherwise they might cause a lot of problems.

For example,
A border collie is bred to work all day.
If it doesn't have an opportunity to work or exercise, it will be miserable.
Typically, it'll come out in other areas, like destructiveness, running away, biting kids ankles.

The Top 10 smart dogs are :

1. Border Collie: A workaholic, this breed is the world's premier sheep herder, prized for its intelligence, extraordinary instinct, and working ability.

2. Poodle: Exceptionally smart and active. Bred to retrieve things from the water. The miniature variety may have been used for truffle hunting.

3. German Shepherd: The world's leading police, guard, and military dog -- and a loving family companion and herder.

4. Golden Retriever: Intelligent and eager to please. Bred as a hunting companion; ideal as a guide and as assistance with search-and-rescue operations.

5. Doberman Pinscher: Known for its stamina and speed. Bred to be a guardian and in demand as a police and war dog.

6. Shetland Sheepdog: The "Sheltie" is essentially a miniature working Collie. A rough-coated, longhaired working breed that is keenly intelligent. Excels in herding.

7. Labrador Retriever: An ideal sporting and family dog. Gentle and intelligent.

8. Papillon: A happy, alert breed that isn't shy or aggressive. Known as Dwarf Spaniels in the 16th and 17th centuries, they reach 8-11 inches high.

9. Rottweiler: Robust and powerful, the breed is happiest with a job. Suitable as a police dog, herder, service dog, therapy dog, obedience competitor, and devoted companion.

10. Australian Cattle Dog: Happiest doing a job like herding, obedience, or agility. Energetic and intelligent.
deanhills
Jack Russell Terriers are demanding time wise - very energetic and need plenty of exercise to work out their excess energy, but are smart dogs and wonderful companions.

standready
The smartest dog is the one you bring into your home. Why? That dog has someone to feed them and hopefully take good care of them.
BigGeek
For 13 years of my life and during an awful relationship I had an 8 lb. male poodle that was the best thing that ever happened to me and I swear that dog kept me alive when things were so ugly I didn't know if I wanted to continue - He was smart, sensitive, sweet, and just one special little dog! I miss him dearly and since having him I would suggest a poodle to anyone - he was the best dog ever and - the best day of my life was when I got him, and the worst was when I had to put him down!!

LxGoodies
Ahh that poodle looks really lovely BigGeek..

souyang wrote:
If you want to choose a smart dog for your pet in the long term, which puppy do you choose?

Depends a little bit on your definition of "smart". Golden retrievers are very perceptive and stable in all kinds of situations, they never panic (eg essential for blind people, or kids)

I love this one.. If you seek a dog you can teach all kinds of tricks very quickly.. Border Collie will also make you laugh because it loves to play..

Border Collie

(btw rx9876 is right.. it will need attention.. if you don't have the time, go for a German shepherd or Golden retriever Wink )
mshafiq
I loves animals but i do not have any dog so i do not have any idea about that.
jajarvin
I do not know if my puppy is a smart one?
Any way my puppy seems to smile all the time.

tonberry
Watch out for Jack Russel Terrier. Unless you're high on cocaine all the time, that dog is going to run circles around you and then some Very Happy Insanely energetic breed, requires equally energetic owner who has a lot of time that he can spend with the dog.

Pitbulls are also very intelligent dogs. They are great protectors, especially with children - will watch them 24/7 and never let anything bad happen to them. Great at spotting danger.
Insanity
I think Golden Retrievers are the smartest dogs around.
zarawatsonn
In my opinion labra is one of the smartest dog, it also depends on the training provided to the dog.