FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Friendship=wasting time

loveandormoney
Why is friendship for nearly all adults older than 18 years wasting time?

Children like to help each other. And they play. Are adutls perfect machines and so they do not need friends and they do better things during Sundays instead of Party with Friends.
jajarvin
loveandormoney wrote:
Are adutls perfect machines and so they do not need friends and they do better things during Sundays instead of Party with Friends.

To party with friends -- that's OK.
But still friends are most needed when one has a hard time.
playfungames
I am an adult and I do not think that friendship is wasting time at all. Friendship is fun. It's with friends you have some of the greatest moments in life. Granted that in childhood you have a lot of friends and you do a lot of activities with friends. But as we grow old, the number of friends we hang out with decline. People become busy with their lives, jobs and families, and they don't have that many friends like before.

But there are certain times when you just have to have friends. It might be difficult to get friends together but if you were good friends before, it would be just like meeting right after the last time. Things wouldn't change and it would be like continuing the bond.
rx9876
playfungames wrote:
I am an adult and I do not think that friendship is wasting time at all. Friendship is fun. It's with friends you have some of the greatest moments in life. Granted that in childhood you have a lot of friends and you do a lot of activities with friends. But as we grow old, the number of friends we hang out with decline. People become busy with their lives, jobs and families, and they don't have that many friends like before.

But there are certain times when you just have to have friends. It might be difficult to get friends together but if you were good friends before, it would be just like meeting right after the last time. Things wouldn't change and it would be like continuing the bond.

Exactly, people all have their own things to take care about.

Parents, siblings, children and work, most of them consumed our daily life.

Only if we could manage to combine the friends with these major life elements,
we gain the time with friends, but not lost too much investments on these major life elements.

For example, meet with friends with children, so we could keep company with our children and our friends at the same time.
Those kids could just play near the parents while the parents are chatting or playing, too .
loveandormoney
jajarvin wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:
Are adutls perfect machines and so they do not need friends and they do better things during Sundays instead of Party with Friends.

To party with friends -- that's OK.
But still friends are most needed when one has a hard time.

I am sorry. I cannot understand one word of Your post.
In my village we live totally different.

Maybe this is ok for u.

So in Your town or Your county You live totally different.

You feel loneley for example because Your husband left You and You walk alone through the streets:
Then You scream I need a friend and the people open the window and then leave the house and then they ll meet You and tell You I want to be Your friend.
And then this friend is repairing Your marriage.

In our country it is totally different. Example every friday evenig we play basketball in the yard with friends. We do the things You dont like. But then maybe one evening there is Susan and we see she is not funny throwing the basketball.

So Jack, he is a teacher, is asking Susan, something wrong. She told fighting husband. Jack ans Susan and Jill took the car and the rode to the house of Susan. The whole night they talked together with the husband of Susan. In the morning all was fine.

In Your eyes the way of friendship we do is very stupid. I can understand You a little bit. Wasting time with basketball for helping a sick woman.
loveandormoney
playfungames wrote:

This is a Sunday morning. Who is sitting together with friends and doing laughing and solving problems from others and having breakfast together?

I suggest the most people love to kiss their TV machine the whole day and eat in one minute something out of a tin.

"But as we grow old"

Then You are wise and intelligent. People reaching the age of 60 are full of grace and wisdom.

So You do because You are wise:

Friendship is fun. It's with friends you have some of the greatest moments in life. Granted that in childhood you have a lot of friends and you do a lot of activities with friends.

And You do it.

But why do Your neighbours avoid that?
kaysch
Good friends may be a substitute for a family. Why would that be a waste of time? On the contrary, it's essential to have social contacts.
Insanity
Friends are good not just for the 18 year olds. There's a lot of good point for friendships. They can be your support when you need it and they can be fun to hang out with and all that. I don't think they go away after a certain age, but you just get different friends instead of the ones you had when you were younger. they would probably grow up and do different things too since they're much older
Blummer
Whatever happens is just a matter of circumstances. I can't say it's a wasting of time, but it sometimes looks like people are tired of each other and just need to have a break. Or they just move in the other level or whatever you can call it. People graduate, get married, change their lives. The other thing is - is it really worth dropping the old friends who have played their part in your life and also got influenced by you? And I've seen good friendships lasting for decades with some of those people I've know all my life.
loveandormoney
rx9876 wrote:
playfungames wrote:

Exactly, people all have their own things to take care about.

Parents, siblings, children and work, most of them consumed our daily life.

Only if we could manage to combine the friends with these major life elements,
we gain the time with friends, but not lost too much investments on these major life elements.

For example, meet with friends with children, so we could keep company with our children and our friends at the same time.
Those kids could just play near the parents while the parents are chatting or playing, too .

Why it is a problem for You that a friend is taking care for You. Do You feel watched and controlled?
Da Rossa
Quote:
Children like to help each other. And they play. Are adutls perfect machines and so they do not need friends and they do better things during Sundays instead of Party with Friends.

Is this a serious philosophical wondering or you're just provoking? Since when are adults perfect machines??
The only type of person who doesn't need friends is the psychopath. Partying with friends is a healthy behaviour, I would even say 'necessary'. So we're no different from the children.
easternsamar
Don't take seriously with regards of friendship.You this type relationship is great in theory, but often fails miserably due to maintenance and overall execution. Being friends with benefits is a fun, mutually beneficial relationship where you don’t have to take anyone out on a date, but you get to call them at one in the morning to hook up. No fancy dinners, no roses, no gifts, no bullshit.

It seems simple enough, so why do most of these relationships end terribly? Elite is here to give you the to making your friends with benefits relationship work.
Justmathteach
Friendships are about common interests or shared resources.

Friendships are clearly defined with boundaries people don't cross or over-extend their friendships.
loveandormoney
Justmathteach wrote:

Friendships are clearly defined with boundaries people don't cross or over-extend their friendships.

In Mind or in Reality. We are sitting by 5 having breakfast.

Are You sitting alone in front of Your computer and You avoid to let Your friend watch a Your monitor and You want a friend. What for?

We have pleasure. What is Your pleasure today with Your friends. Please dont spoil our day by answering we ignore them.
tonberry
Justmathteach wrote:

Not true! I have friends with zero common interests and shared resources. We know our numbers. From time to time, one of us calls and we hang up. Sometimes many times in a month and then one of us gets busy and the relationship "dries up"... until one day we start hanging around again. Just like that. Why?

Because friendship is about either of the two things, or both:

1. liking someone. You can like someone for million reasons on then some, he likes you back. boom, friendship!
2. bonding with someone. As an example, under forced circuimstances, you may have to get aquinted with someone and even if you don't really like each other, at some point you just bond with each other just like the path gets set by repeatedly treading on the same route through grass - it just does because you're in contact over and over again so naturally you both develop a way to function healthy in those circuimstances. And then you feel connected to that guy/girl even though you can be completely different people!

The example for the second one falls under the "shared resources" scenario of yours (like two people working everyday in the same space) but just like the first one, there are million circuimstances under which people can bond with each other.
Da Rossa
I couldn't disagree more. Friendship is regardless of age. Are you in lack of friends?
tonberry
Me? Hard to tell as there are periods when I am constantly surrounded by people and there are periods when I don't have too much contact beyond the daily contact with strangers in shops, public small chat and all that. To sum it all up it's probably somewhere in the middle. It's the way I like it, I don't complain! And you?
Da Rossa
Quote:
Me? Hard to tell as there are periods when I am constantly surrounded by people and there are periods when I don't have too much contact beyond the daily contact with strangers in shops, public small chat and all that. To sum it all up it's probably somewhere in the middle. It's the way I like it, I don't complain! And you?

No tonberry, I was referring to loveandormoney Very Happy. As for me, I have my fair share of friends. Not many I can really count on.
tonberry
Da Rossa wrote:
As for me, I have my fair share of friends. Not many I can really count on.

I don't think many people can say that they have many friends they can count on. And of those people, probably majority say so because they haven't seen their friends under pressure to see how many people crack under pressure, even though earlier one might think they are "the real deal". The best place for friendship is probably the army - in the heat of things, it instantly becomes clear who's who.
standready
I have a few friends. Most won't lift a finger to help me with anything but expect me to help them. I am kind to strangers which has developed a couple of good friends.
loveandormoney
Change it. If the balance is bad
it destroys every relationship. Asked divorced husbands or wives.
Da Rossa
Quote:

I have a few friends. Most won't lift a finger to help me with anything but expect me to help them. I am kind to strangers which has developed a couple of good friends.

Stay away from those people.
loveproblem
Really We Need Friendship . Without It You Are Nothing.
loveandormoney
Da Rossa wrote:
Quote:

Stay away from those people.

Yes
there only two or three in the world
because nobody can love them.
So they live alone in an apartment. With a TV as friend.
standready
loveandormoney wrote:

Children like to help each other. And they play.

I have so called 'friends'. They want you to help them and in return they promise to help you but never do.

I need a better "friends"!
arfaiz
loveandormoney wrote:

It is not wasting time. It is building relationship. You help them, they help you. Though you should be careful choosing friends. Someone with twisted and worrisome personalities is hard to handle, but easily manipulated. Just be careful.
victorcviana
True friendship is important, in any part of life. Don't matter how many years you have, what's your job, and that you don't have time. Truly friends matter.