FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chinese Censorship again.....

coolclay
It looks like some of the Chinese media are finally standing up to the censor's hard handed tactics. During this latest boat disaster the government attempted to stop any private journalist from accessing the scene and commenting on the disaster. Of course many listened and left the scene but there many the have refused the request, and continue to provide independent coverage of the event. How is the public supposed to hold people accountable if they are never allowed to hear the full story, and make an informed opinion. It really is just a matter of time before the people of China get so fed up with their government that there is a large uprising at least we can only hope.

I have no doubt they will make a public spectacle of the trial for those responsible, in an attempt to appease the public, but the question really is when will the public stop being bought out by the PRC's lame attempts to keep their people under control. Their are already so many activists in the country, but the PRC's jailing and labor camps for those subversives is largely working to keep them underfoot.

What type of event do you think it would take for the people to come together and topple the PRC?
deanhills
coolclay wrote:
What type of event do you think it would take for the people to come together and topple the PRC?
The Chinese Government would have to be much more aggressive in its suppression of freedom of speech - such as Tiananmen Square for people to really revolt in a civil war. Or the economy turns really bad and people are unable to cope. For now it looks as though the Chinese economy is thriving. While that is happening I guess a large number of people can live with the current devil they know.

To be honest though, I've grown completely cynical about news reporting right over the world. I click over four different news stations and I get the EXACT SAME stories with presenters that look mostly the same, present news the same, have interviews the same. Currently FIFA. Over and over and over again. I don't trust what I hear from the media either. As I know they're owned by mega corporations or Government and for the most part news is slanted one way or the other. The news we get from the "free press" is not as "free" as we may think.
standready
deanhills wrote:
While that is happening I guess a large number of people can live with the current devil they know.

The Devil you say? - laugh
deanhills
standready wrote:
deanhills wrote:
While that is happening I guess a large number of people can live with the current devil they know.

The Devil you say? - laugh
Haha .... probably a little disrespectful expect Ninjas to make their appearance soon ... Very Happy

Seriously though, when watching the news tonight on the fly, there was nothing in it that I could trust. I'd naturally assume everything we hear about China and Russia would be tainted (censored by the press): the worst kind of "censorship" there is.
Da Rossa
Long time, no see this forum.

Well, you can bet some of the insubordinates will be caught and prosecuted, if the chinese are in a good mood. Otherwise they can just throw them in prison. The right to speech is the most feared aspect in PRC. Also, as you can see the chinese who stand out internationally are necessarily the ones who have lived a significant time abroad, especially in western countries. These are the ones who are able to tell the difference.

An average chinese citizen is a now a product, assembled in the same communist production line, which have sought and destroyed ancient books and banished spirituality and religion.