FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stream Table

coolclay
To me it's not really an amazing project but it has been a lot of fun. At work I was asked to build a stream table. If you don't know what one is check here https://www.google.com/search?q=stream+table&safe=off&tbm=isch&imgil=-2934YTxwxTKaM%253A%253Bd_Yde4U8UMS-dM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fcreekcamp.blogspot.com%25252F2011%25252F07%25252Fsream-table-was-fun-it-was-like-playing.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=-2934YTxwxTKaM%253A%252Cd_Yde4U8UMS-dM%252C_&usg=__rpD_8jpEF32YaE6DvCBYzqLYboE%3D&biw=1366&bih=618&ved=0CEkQyjc&ei=0fY2VYmoB5WgyATwkIGYBw#imgrc=_

Mine was about the size of a normal folding table, so it's not huge but it's not tiny either. I built it with a small 12v pump, and a voltage regulator to adjust the flow of water. It's got rocks, and sand which the students use to make all sorts of hydraulic creations, then turn the water on and see what happens!
Peterssidan
Sounds interesting. I have never seen one in real life. Is there a tap that makes the water out, and if so how do you stop the sand?
fuzzkaizer
as a child i played with others quite often for many hours at the sandy banks of a little mountain river, i recall it was quite fun, we loved it! you can simulate grand canyon landscapes, if you have enough phantasy for the miniature size. and also flood catastrophies, of course...
nomel
Wow, that's pretty awesome. I imagine you could color and mix different sizes of sand grains to get some cool patterns (like with hematite at the beach).