FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HTACCESS ??

Ryox
I was wondering Deah, If HTACCESS was allowed on the frihost servers because I had no luck getting it to work at all, with my site or forums so I had to use cpanel to configure ban's on IP Addresses for my site
deanhills
You may be right Ryox. I've just noticed frihost.net is not redirecting to frihost.com any longer. It must have something to do with the Apache configuration for Server 1. Something went wrong with Apache on Server 1 a few weeks ago, could be the override feature got disabled during the event. I've written to Bondings to see whether he can fix it.
FunDa
Ryox wrote:
I was wondering Deah, If HTACCESS was allowed on the frihost servers because I had no luck getting it to work at all, with my site or forums so I had to use cpanel to configure ban's on IP Addresses for my site

htaccess is working for me on server 2.

I'm using it for wordpress Mod rewrite and no problems at all
deanhills
FunDa wrote:
Ryox wrote:

htaccess is working for me on server 2.

I'm using it for wordpress Mod rewrite and no problems at all
Ryox is on Server 1.
sailor69
I have a webhost account on server 1 (Cpanel) and would like to redirect my 404 error pages to 404.php. With "Error Pages" under Advanced functions in Cpanel, I can write in code to an editor for .shtml files, likely to a higher directory. I do not yet know Angular JS or Bootstrap JS, but have used PHP for this in the past.
deanhills
I don't understand why someone would want to do that in cPanel when there is already a redirect tool in it. The redirect tool works perfect.