FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Possible forum bug

hairy_yuppie
I've noticed if that if I get logged out, I think due to non usage, when I log back in and try to go to a thread which I've previously posted in http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-24354.html I can't go to the last page, which is the page I had posted in ( page three ), it would send me back to page one. I could however go to the second page. I tried just deleting all frihost cookies and logging back in, but that didn't work. The way I was able to get around the bug was to clear my browser cache.

As for the browser I use, it is firefox 37.0.1. I don't know if this is a bug on my end or yours or both, but I thought I'd let you know in case anyone else has the same problem.
Peterssidan
This is what I suspect happened:
  • When you got logged out you still had a page opened with links to the last page of some threads.
  • You clicked some of these links.
  • For SEO reasons Frihost uses only one page per thread for logged out users and redirects all other pages to the first page using the HTTP response: 301 Moved Permanently. Browsers usually cache these kind of redirects so that they don't have to request the page again.
  • When you logged back in again and tried to visit the pages that you had been redirected from earlier the browser didn't bother to request them again because it already knew they had been moved permanently.