FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hello

Ryox
What happened to Bondings nowdays? I haven't been on here for quite awhile.
Site seems active alittle bit but it has grew, by user wise.

So what is everyone up to nowdays?
deanhills
Welcome back Ryox! Cool

Bondings is still around and looking after the servers. However seems to have completely withdrawn from the Forums. He started a day job in January 2013 and since then has had much less time (mostly no time) to devote to Frihost.

Doesn't mean Frihost is dead. The Frihost.com domain is paid up until 2019, so will probably be around for a long time to come. Not sure about the hosting accounts though as I've seen a HUGE decline in interest in free shared hosting accounts at post for host Websites. More so at Frihost because of lack of attention. Irony in all of this is that we currently have the best quality hosting space we've had since the beginning of time and plenty of it. Bondings has us at one of the best Data Centres in Germany, probably for his own peace of mind to save time. And even though it doesn't look that way, Bondings is really looking after the hosting space. Just not supporting individual accounts.

Good part for the Frihost forums is that our very long history of thousands of posts has taken on a life of its own and will probably still attract visitors long after all of us have gone. If you Google carefully you will find our posts in Frihost Forums that have been cloned in China. And then left to grow by themselves. The fact that we are still around and almost spam free is thanks to the quality members and staff who have been around since the beginning of time. But almost miraculously so considering that Frihost is still using an old phpBB 2 script with hand-coded modifications. Some days I can't help but marvel at its very existence. It certainly has a character completely of its own.
standready
Welcome back Ryox!

deanhills wrote:
Not sure about the hosting accounts though as I've seen a HUGE decline in interest in free shared hosting accounts at post for host Websites. More so at Frihost because of lack of attention.

If we had a hosting account creator, we would have more interest once again.
deanhills
standready wrote:
If we had a hosting account creator, we would have more interest once again.
True. Probably not the same level of interest as a few years ago, but yes, definitely more interest than currently.

If any one has a problem with a delay in getting hosting at Frihost though, can they open a thread in the Webhost Support Forum please.
cps31
I dont know may be people getting busy in other stuffs now a days!
softcaze
Hello everybody