FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

free domain whois identity

limes
I'm wondering what the whois identity of the top level free domain offered on this site would be.
Will it has to be my own identity when I recharge it one year later?

I am not going to use the domain to do anything illegal. I just not really like to see my personal information published with the domain.
Peterssidan
I found a few discussions related to your question and they seem to suggest you can't hide your personal information.
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-150085.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-150087.html

But are people still getting free domains? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. I haven't been very active here lately.
deanhills
@Limes. Peterssidan is correct. We haven't seen any free domains in exchange for coins at Frihost over the last two/three years. The free domains that had been issued (up to beginning of 2013 I believe) had been provided from GoDaddy coupons. When GoDaddy discontinued the coupon system, and when the owner of Frihost, Bondings, ran out of coupons, as well as got a very busy day job which took him completely away from the day to day administration of the Forum, the issue of free domains stopped.

I was one of the lucky ones who received a free domain for the 350 coins in exchange. There was enough value in the coupons for a GoDaddy dot.com domain with private registration (where one's whois private information is hidden). At the time when I purchased the dot.com domain private registration was offered free by GoDaddy, however sometimes it is not, or when one renews the domain one has to pay extra for private registration.
limes
Thanks!

It's OK. I don't have to wait to earn that amount of coins and get nothing anticipating.
you save me some trouble.