FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would you tell your younger self

standready
Yes, I borrowed this question. I have seen 'celebrities' asked this question so now it is your turn.

What would you tell your younger self? At what age are you speaking to?

Me:
The day after graduating High School (age 17) - RUN!!! Get as far away from family as possible.
deanhills
standready wrote:

Me:
The day after graduating High School (age 17) - RUN!!! Get as far away from family as possible.
ME TOO. I got as far away as I could including leaving the country. Razz
Insanity
I would say make the most of my college experience. I didn't do as much as I thought I would be doing during my colelge years and spent a lot of it studying isntead. I wish I could've lived more and done more fun stuff instead of studying all day. I also wish I did more stuf with social clubs and meeting new people since so many people did so much socializing in colelge.
bukaida
I would say to my teen to enjoy the life to the fullest because these days will never come back again. No responsibility, only fun.
Marcuzzo
"When in doubt...F**k" Very Happy

and

"the lottery numbers of 15/4/1999 are ............."
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
"the lottery numbers of 15/4/1999 are ............."

How many digits do you need?

Welcome back! Dancing
loveandormoney
standready wrote:
Yes, I borrowed this question. I have seen 'celebrities' asked this question so now it is your turn.

Me:

Fighting and living bored is stupid.
spinout
Hm, that is a tricky question. Maybe I would have told myself to not believe to much in what other people said and to be not as excentric. And especially I would tell myself to not be that eager in the military and quit it directly. hm...
chasbeen
Me:
I would tell myself how to prepare for the future. What to study, suggested areas to live and when. My younger self would be very wealthy and be in control of my/his everyday actions.
handfleisch
I like these answers

loveandormoney wrote:
standready wrote:

Me:

Fighting and living bored is stupid.
loveandormoney
Thank You.

Just do it.

My experience is: Kissing is better then hitting.
What is Your experience?
coolclay
Don't grab stingrays, and rattlesnakes. But if you do here is what to do after they envenomate you!
playfungames
Man if I could go back in time or at least communicate with my younger self, it would be such a blessing.

There are a lot of things that I could tell my own past self, but here are a few:

1. Study computer science, programming and multimedia related stuff, don't study management.

2. Continue on your quest to develop websites without being lazy.

3. And Stop being lazy overall, you could have achieved what you achieved 2 years before only if you weren't that lazy.
Blaster
Senior year of high school age 17... Apply and go to university of Maryland for fire science. Live in a firehouse in PG county. Graduate and work with Stephen Kerber at UL or work along side the people of NIST
loveandormoney
coolclay wrote:
Don't grab stingrays, and rattlesnakes. But if you do here is what to do after they envenomate you!

I cannot understand. What kind of people like to stay together with snakes?
spinout
I would tell my self to buy the more expensive stuff. I got a semi vintage motorcycle for example, a full vintage would have been better.
loveandormoney
I learned

it is bad to waste life.

Is this right. So always buy the best products
that is better than suffering.

My parents told me as I was a kid

Pleasure makes rich and healthy.

Do You have the same experiences?
Do You tell this to Your children?
mshafiq
I would like to say always be honest with you and others, Always think positive because negative thinking creates lots of problem, Always accept other people success.
DJ_Devildog
Bit of a loaded question but one simple answer

After graduation simply run and never look back, and don't ever stop following your dream
spinout
I would advise strongly to keep away from my military ideas I had back then. Complete waste of time.
standready
I like the responses people. Keep it up!!!

DJ_Devildog wrote:
Bit of a loaded question but one simple answer
After graduation simply run and never look back, and don't ever stop following your dream

Why? My family always put me down. They stomped on my hope and dreams (even still today). You can't. You are worthless. Wouldn't you say run?
Peterssidan
"Don't waste too much time. Do thing you want to do." - I don't know how much it would have helped though because I still waste a lot of time doing nothing even if I have realized I should get more things done.

"If you don't know what to do, it's better to take a year off before starting at university than taking years off after universiy still not knowing what you want to do"
johans
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:

Me:
ME TOO. I got as far away as I could including leaving the country. Razz

what seems to be the reason why you run?

Me, I don't run far from my family but i live independent and push hard to have a degree while enjoying with new friends in college days. I get drunk, I get inspired, I get new goals.

But i never run with my family. For us family is a good way to visit if you are confused; asking help; asking guide and comfort of course.

It was fun with my younger days and a good memory to recall. It feels fresh until now when writing this because i experience a lot of fun. Very Happy
esmeeey
to not be afraid to do things you want to do , make friends and show the world you are worthy to be alive Laughing Very Happy Very Happy
ra-dio
I would tell him: don't worry to be yourself, you are good, beautiful and wanted here in the Earth!
cps31
I would say just pass some days more and then you dont need to study further but I was totally wrong Sad
Hogwarts
I'm pretty happy where I am, but I could have been happier getting here

I'd tell myself to have exercised more and tried to socialize more during school/uni, though I probably would've ignored that advice Razz
mshafiq
I will say that always be true with others and always respect them and have respect from them.
always be positive in thinking.
Myrecords
RUN....middle age is coming!!!!
Josso
sports almanac
standready
Josso wrote:
sports almanac

Kindly explain
deanhills
standready wrote:
Kindly explain
This must have been the best one yet! Very Happy

I'd probably go:

Don't ask!
standready
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:
Kindly explain
This must have been the best one yet! Very Happy

I'd probably go:

Don't ask!

No, I really want to know. I posted this question to hopefully make people think about their life.

I asked a similar question when I was substitute teaching " Where will you be in ten years?" I recently received an email from one of those students thanking me for making him think and offering me and a guest a free dinner at the restaurant where he is now head Chef!
spinout
Hm, I would tell my self to not trust people
TurtleShell
I would tell myself to just go ahead and do it. whatever it is. that's pretty much what I did anyway but it would feel good to have someone from my future giving me the go ahead.
standready
spinout wrote:

That is sad. I think I would phrase it as "beware of other people's intentions".
loveandormoney
spinout wrote:

And how about trust Yourself?
darthrevan
Mine would have to start college sooner and get a better job than what I have right now
playfungames
darthrevan wrote:
Mine would have to start college sooner and get a better job than what I have right now

I think that you can always work on that job thing. I mean, you can get a better job right now as well. The only thing required is skills and the ability to get that interview and convince them that you are the right person for the job that you are applying. But it is a long journey though and starting young could be a lot better.
Da Rossa
"don't let yourself lose too much time on anything. Don't become fat. Don't miss opportunities."
ratanegra
I would tell myself (around 15) Go for it! It's all gonna work out perfectly, you'll see.

And even if I were lying it would be good for me. I've been a coward all my life and it'd be cool to have had someone tell me something to take the first step out of my comfort zone to be able to do it more often later with confidence.