FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Steve Vai

fecundity
Anyone in here like Steve Vai? you'll probably be a guitarist if you do...surprise surprise

went to see him in Nottingham on 23rd Oct, wondered if anyone else has seen him live here?
shr3dd
I love Vai, he's incredible, haven't sen him live though. I wanna see a G3 with Petrucci.
SunburnedCactus
G3 with Petrucci looked amazing. Shame I missed it... Crying or Very sad

Still, I've got the G3 DVD with Vai, Satriani and Eric Johnson on, and the Dream Theater live DVD, so if I watch them both one after the other, it's almost the same...

Almost, but not quite.
shr3dd
I bought the G3 live in Tokyo dvd with petrucci, shame he only plays 2 songs tho.
SunburnedCactus
I'm going to see Opeth in 3 weeks anyway, so that should more than make up for it.

Cool
shr3dd
you lucky bastard, arent they playing with Into Eternity? the opeth show around here sold out faster than anyone could imagine
fecundity
cool, ive seen the DVDs tho not the tokyo one, it any good?

Vais an awesome show live, the whole band was cool, and eric sardinas was a really good pick of support act
arch23
I like Vai. But my chance for me to see him live is to get myself to the US, cause I don't think he will ever come to Israel...
shr3dd
Tokyo one is great.
I doubt vai will come to israel, too much violence... vai is a peaceful guy
H3LL5P4WN
As much as people talk about Vai, Satch, Malmsteen, etc... I haven't heard anything by them.

I do however have both of John 5's discs. It's stuff, especially if you've never heard someone shred over a bluegrass song. Twisted Evil
shr3dd
as a guitar player you owe yourself to check out:

1. John Petrucci
2. Dream Theater
3. Steve Vai
4. Joe Satriani
5. Paul Gilbert
6. Yngwie Malmsteen
H3LL5P4WN
I saw Dream Theater on Gigantour this year. They bored me to the point of leaving before seeing Megadeth. Confused
SunburnedCactus
H3LL5P4WN wrote:
I saw Dream Theater on Gigantour this year. They bored me to the point of leaving before seeing Megadeth. Confused

What?? Shocked

Ok, I prefer their earlier material, but what they play now doesn't make me want to leave! And missing Megadeth?

Why??
H3LL5P4WN
SunburnedCactus wrote:
H3LL5P4WN wrote:

What?? Shocked

Ok, I prefer their earlier material, but what they play now doesn't make me want to leave! And missing Megadeth?

Why??

I know, I know. And I especially got worried when the rumor went around that Dave would be disbanding Megadeth...

Personally, I would have prefered Children of Bodom in DT's slot...
SunburnedCactus
I thought they had reformed again quite recently? Can't imagine they'll stop any time soon though.

I would've preferred Slayer or Pantera... oh wait. Gutted that I never got a chance to see Dimebag in action. Sad
H3LL5P4WN
I got to see Damageplan in late November last year. I'm kicking myself for not staying afterward and meeting everyone. Crying or Very sad
jefman22
steve vai is insane, he has an awesome signature too