FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the most difficult game you've ever played?

lensman
A brief search on the forum showed that a topic like this doesn't exist so I am putting it here.

What is the most difficult game you've ever played?

Mine is Ikaruga on the Dreamcast. A great and fun Shooting game, which is nearly impossible to finish.

The other most difficult game I've ever played is Fire Emblem 4 on the SNES. This game is a great strategical challenge EVEN with the save options that emulators offer.

OK, I am waiting for your posts!
Arnie
Either YSFlight or UniBall. Both freeware PC games for Windows, though YSFlight has a Linux version as well.
SilverDogg
dragons lair for the nes! its totally ****** impossible!!!
there is no way anyone could complete that game, even with cheats on! (trust me, i tried)
S3nd K3ys
lensman wrote:

My most difficult game is "What Does My Wife Really Mean When She Says Something."

Wink
SunburnedCactus
S3nd K3ys wrote:
lensman wrote:

My most difficult game is "What Does My Wife Really Mean When She Says Something."

Wink

Maybe you can find some GameShark codes? Or a walkthrough?

Laughing
rip8fan1
I'm not sure I have the correct game, and it wasn't the entire game, but there was a MAZE that was 'almost impossible' to get through, and I have no idea how long it took to get through, and the game was:

Ultima IV.

Almost ALL of the infocom text adventures were really hard (to get all the points possible)!!

Ultima IV is now free (supposedly). If you'd like to try it, go here:

http://www.michaelfleming.webcentral.com.au/ultima/u4download.html
Mathias
Arnie wrote:
Either YSFlight[...]

I've played YSFlight... it's not all that hard. True, it takes a bit to get accustomed to the game and controls, but once you understand it, you're good to go.

No, I'd have to say that ONE of the hardest games I've played was Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. That game cannot be beaten properly and fully WITHOUT a walkthrough. Just simply ridiculous; you would have to be a mastermind to even get through a part of it without walkthrough.

And all those masks...
Anthony123
the hardest game i had ever play is HALO...... the most difficult part is the flee part....... when u r playing heroic or legendary mode...... the part is the hardest of all..... i try for more than fifty times.....maybe i am not good in gaming...... but tis is the game tat i feel it was the hardest...... not like war3 or GTA.... these games r easy to play........
Jeff_vella_leone
Anthony123 wrote:
the hardest game i had ever play is HALO...... the most difficult part is the flee part....... when u r playing heroic or legendary mode...... the part is the hardest of all..... i try for more than fifty times.....maybe i am not good in gaming...... but tis is the game tat i feel it was the hardest...... not like war3 or GTA.... these games r easy to play........

Yea ur sssooooooo right!!!!
normal its ok but if u try legendry there are some places in halo not even if u try 500 times u will nearly never get them alive
Very ******* impossible
An other game that is very hard that i think i used the cheats to finish it but i don't really remember well but it was very, very, ****** ***** hardest ever
It was LOK blood omen the first one
An other very hard game at the last part that i didnt even dare to try it hard, just normal the extream hardness of Boiling Point was nearly impossible, if u do it hard its impossible the enemy never finish(when its normal), it hell.
The rest of the games i manage to finish easyly considering other ppl allthough sometimes i have to try for many times.
Arnie
Mathias, you've played YSFlight? What was your nickname? Ever tried to stall-land an F-2 outside the airport, or to land a Boeing 747 on a bridge, or to land a helicopter on a carrier? Of course it's easy to take off and fly around a bit, just as it's easy to finish the first level of nearly any game.
hanay
The most difficult game that I have played would be Einhander, but I was probably 7 or 8 back then...

The game is about the earth and moon colonies warring against each other. You are a man from the moon (sounds kinda funny) who is to fight the earth's forces with 3 different types of ships all called Einhander.

Great game, you should think about getting it!
lockwolf
The Ultimate Doom, On Nightmare!
Kelcey
metroid on NES was pretty hard... hmmm... operation wolf was hard too.
ManweSulimo
Dragon Warrior (first game in the Dragon Quest series) for NES must be the hardest game I've ever played. I took about twenty hours of training before I was strong enough to beat the first dungeon... I stopped shortly after that, it's just way too hard.
Commando_Sondre
FarCry!
I haven't won it once Very Happy
I am still on the 18 map Cool
But, MMORPGs are very difficult!
gh0stface
The most difficult game for me was Battle Toads for NES. Man, I could never get past the speed boat rocket type thing level Sad

And up to this date, I never beat any of the Mario Brother games for NES or any other NES systems. Sad
olag
In my opinion, the most difficult game i've ever played is ninja gaiden.
vc_okkas
bloodrayne 1 is the most difficult and booooring
jarcelao
Commando_Sondre wrote:
FarCry!

I have to agree with you on this...

The thing that makes farcry a difficult game is because of its annoying autosave feature. you can't save a game at a certain point of time unles you have a reached an autosave area of the map.. heh! Very Happy Cool
Jeff_vella_leone
jarcelao wrote:
Commando_Sondre wrote:
FarCry!

I have to agree with you on this...

The thing that makes farcry a difficult game is because of its annoying autosave feature. you can't save a game at a certain point of time unles you have a reached an autosave area of the map.. heh! Very Happy Cool

well yeah, have to agree too
i forgot farcry
not only that u can't save the game whereever u want but there r certain places that i couln't get through with out cheats in the game
the part im talking about is where u have to get through the jungle with all the monsters running about it and beleave me there is no fuken way to get through without they spotting u. Not only that, to kill one u have to waste half ur ammunition for sure and thats not finished, if they hit u well ur dead first hit, so u got to run and shoot at the same time and then u finish about 20 of them running after u lol and then u can say ur dead. Extream hardness!!!
Monkeydog
Only games I ever had much trouble on were DMC3 and those old SNES Star Wars games. =/
AgenthHero
The game the i was playing for year on Playstation 2 that i never beat because it was and i was too lazy to go out and get a gameshark was, Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

Thats the only game i can think of now.
dhawal
Commandos was the most difficult game I played. Couldnt even move two steps.
barrie
Splinter Cell. I just hate that nobody should see you, it would be waaay easier if they just give you an assault rifle so you can blast your way through masterchief-style (Halo is awesome). The final level of Halo 1 is also pretty darn difficult, Halo 2 was a lot easier to play. I haven't even tried playing on legendary... That is just nuts. Here's a fun game to play: start a level on legendary and try to stay alive as long as possible. My record is 1 minute 15 seconds Very Happy
Tior
Tetris when i was 5 Laughing
lockwolf
Currently, I am playing Call of Duty 2 and even on easy I have died a few times and about half were dumb mistakes but the rest were really serious. I am playing on easy but thats because I have a really bad computer and the graphics lags a ton.
ruff_ryder
S3nd K3ys wrote:
My most difficult game is "What Does My Wife Really Mean When She Says Something." Wink

LOL, good one.

Anyway, the most difficult game I ever played was Sacrifice (PC). Only game I ever threw in the trash. Literally.
mitsuomi
Final Fantasy I and FFII... It is impossible don't die in that game, and if you do, you have to pay for a Revive... And it is very expensive!
I Gave up from both of em!
Revvion
the first ever super mario bros game when i was ehh younger then now Razz
shaggly
I'd have to say that some of the Tom Clancy Games were a pain in the butt.

At the moment it's gotta be "Sniper Elite".

It's a fairly straight forward game on the beginning and intermediate levels, but when you get onto the advanced, well look out boyo.

It's bloody difficult. In fact it's pretty true to life, as far as movement required to stay alive etc etc, behind enemy lines and also especially in a sniper filled environment.

I'd thoroughly recommend it to "patient" people bored with the run of the mill FPS's.
All Maine Matters
The MUD Genocide (telnet to geno.org, port 2222) is one of the most difficult I've ever played.

It is an interactive multi-user war game which is different from other MUDs because there are no mobs, quests, levels, or roleplaying. The players war against one another.

Instead, it's an all-out PK (player killer) environment which awards credits and statistics for kills.

You really have to play it to understand.
Hikaru7
i would have to say super smash brothers in multiplayer when all other people are links who "up-b" spam. very, very, very insane.
sandmanxyz
fu**in Alex Kid, man!! God, I hate that little guy with his bike!
Nameless
(Imagine this to the tune of the Link getting an exciting item from a big glowing chest:)

Bump-bump bump BUUUUUUMMMP!

In other news, Linley's Dungeon Crawl is more hardcore than you.
trung23
Do you think devil may cry 3 is difficult?
Alerrandre
Im sure was the Final Fantasy VIII,just amazing game,you dont get boring playing Final Fantasy,just is the best game.
ham65
I agre with alerrandre,the best game for me was Final Fantasy VIII,the best history,the best graphics and many ohter things.

Final fantasy VIII.
weableandbob
I Wanna Be the Guy is crazy hard. It's also free =D
Ankhanu
the Super Star Wars series for SNES was bloody difficult.. still is.
rayxzero
Metal Slug is the most difficult game to me because you cannot finish this without dying al least 15-20 times. Laughing
Nameless
rayxzero wrote:
Metal Slug is the most difficult game to me because you cannot finish this without dying al least 15-20 times. Laughing

15 to 20? Fifteen to twenty?

Have you ever even PLAYED a roguelike?
ato784
SunburnedCactus wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
lensman wrote:

Wink

Maybe you can find some GameShark codes? Or a walkthrough?

Laughing

LOL. funny.
Dementei
This is an old thread, but I think the hardest game I've played is The Sims 3.. no but really any of the games mentioned that are hard have probably been released before 2005. There's something about games these days that aren't exactly.. hard, they are all just linear really.
weableandbob
"I Wanna Be The Guy". If you haven't heard of it, it's a free downloadable game that's meant to be as difficult as possible. I think about 90% of what's on the screen can kill you.
futurcat
Zelda link to the past, super Mario 1, doom 3.
Mr_Howl
All Maine Matters wrote:
The MUD Genocide (telnet to geno.org, port 2222) is one of the most difficult I've ever played.

It is an interactive multi-user war game which is different from other MUDs because there are no mobs, quests, levels, or roleplaying. The players war against one another.

Instead, it's an all-out PK (player killer) environment which awards credits and statistics for kills.

You really have to play it to understand.

Wow, this is quite cool. Thanks for the suggestion.

My answer is NetHack. I'm pretty sure there's a secret club somewhere of people who have beaten the game, and there's only like 12 members.
LostOverThere
weableandbob wrote:
"I Wanna Be The Guy". If you haven't heard of it, it's a free downloadable game that's meant to be as difficult as possible. I think about 90% of what's on the screen can kill you.

Hah, that game is indeed quite absurd. But once you get into the flow of it, it's actually really hard to put down. Pretty charming little thing indeed.
playhouse
All nes games were hard