FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free WIFI and low signal

sonam
In this moment I am connected on free public WIFI but I have very low signal. I haven't any other solution for next month. I was try to use Belkin N150 WLAN USB adapter but without any result. Are someone know and have experience for any other (better) possibility to make public WIFI signal more stronger?

Sonam
deanhills
I found this article that may be helpful:
http://expertvagabond.com/laptop-wifi-antenna/

Just a cautionary note however which goes without saying about security. There are some hackers who thrive on the public WiFi type environments. You need to make sure your browser is always up to date and beef up your overall security. VPN is usually a good way of protecting yourself.
sonam
Wow, I am just looking for something like that. I know it is not secure but I will not insert any information via this connection. I need just for surfing, Skype and mail. All of them are always log in and I am not typing pass. But VPN is good idea, too. Wink

Sonam
deanhills
Think I'm going to check it out myself for using with my laptop when I'm traveling. Would be great to receive feedback from you if you've managed to get the device to see how it worked out for you.
sonam
I am find one good solution for connection via smartphone. It is not best and cheap but will work for me for the next month. After that period I will see is it better to by antenna or something else..... Wink

Sonam