I accidentally got some thermal grease in my cpu socket/pins when I was putting on a new Hyper EVO 212 heatsink. I took it off and cleaned out the cpu pins pretty well but I don't know how to get it out of my cpu socket very easily. Please let me know if there are any easy ways of getting it out of my CPU socket. I'm using Isopropyl alcohol to loosen it up currently.
Haven't actually had to clean any pins myself, but a toothpick or needle with Isopropyl alcohol is usually the way to go about it. I've actually read of someone using a very soft toothbrush with Isopropyl alcohol, but I don't think that's something I would attempt. Afterwards, just let the Isopropyl alcohol evaporate.
It will take patience, but it should be doable. The paste usually isn't electrically conductive enough to cause any damage (it could just insulate the pins and prevent a boot), but that depends on what kind you're using. I wouldn't attempt booting it up until I'm sure it's as clean as I can get it, though.
Maybe too much thermal grease applied..?