FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cron job/Python Questions

GShocked
I was looking for some web hosts that could run Python for free and run cron jobs frequently. Here is what my Python script does; Let me know if it breaks any rules please.

-The script goes to a page on Roblox.com that has the trade currency data (Of their made-up currencies)
-The script looks for the current rate at which each of the two currencies are being exchanged at
-The script formats the numbers it found into an array
-The script adds that array to a text file in a new line

I'd prefer that this script run at an interval of around 5 minutes, but seeing as there is no other host like this one, 15 minutes will do. (Heliohost has a maximum of 2 cron jobs per day unless said otherwise)

Again, let me know if this violates the TOS. If so, I will have to resort to my Raspberry Pi B.
deanhills
GShocked wrote:

Again, let me know if this violates the TOS. If so, I will have to resort to my Raspberry Pi B.
Have you read the Frihost TOS? If not, it probably would be a good idea to give it a read. I'd take a guess that with the script you're intending to use you'll be running out of bandwidth pretty soon leading to automatic suspension. Better that you look for a paid service and data center that specializes in your requirements and has admin support available. Or set up your own server.