FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My new site

gamestoenjoy
Hi,

I have created a website dedicated for conversions.
I intend to put there almost every converter or calculator you can think of, and the site already contains many.

Please review my site, tell me if you like it and what should be improved.

My site: Online Conversions

Thank you!
SonLight
It looks like a great idea. The design seems good in general. I would suggest trying to find specific areas where you can be the best on the web, which will unfortunately require that you seek traffic in a specialized way also.

My first thoughts for additional features were specific calendar conversions (Jewish, Chinese, etc) and Unicode characters. These are major areas and are done well elsewhere. Perhaps you could partner with some specific sites.

I noticed a problem with the age calculator. 22 March 2014 gave age 0, as it should, but 21 March 2014 gave age 1. The change from zero to 1 should have occured on 21 Feb, so I think the month logic is off by 1.

I wish you the best with the site. With search engines and Wolfram (among others) now trying to be universal converters, it will definitely take some effort to find your niche, but I believe you can do well with research and creativity.
gamestoenjoy
@SonLight Thanks for your support!

I have fixed the age calculator.
gamestoenjoy
I redesign the site:
* Added icons to the categories in the homepage
* Added popular conversions section
* Made my site mobile friendly
* Improved the layout and the colors
* Added many useful conversions

Should be better now Smile
gamestoenjoy
Any other comments?
airh3ad
Good website, for sure it will work and generate traffic
gamestoenjoy
airh3ad wrote:
Good website, for sure it will work and generate traffic

Indeed, I already have some traffic Smile
Sorcerertech
It seems it's a good site!
I like the QR code generator, and I think the conversions will be useful, especially the PayPal fee calculator.
I also like how the mobile edition is almost exactly the same - some websites think it's best to reduce its content for a mobile, but you haven't made that mistake, so well done!

Just a tip, I see you have placed lots of share buttons. I recommend using addThis for your social bar, as it adds hundreds and hundreds of social networks, and prioritises the social networks that each user uses more often, e.g. if Bill uses Facebook, it will put Facebook first for Bill, and if Jim uses Twitter, it will put that first for Jim. It does use tracking, though, so you may need to update your privacy policy.

Keep up the good work!

- Sorcerertech :)
jajarvin
I use the Javascript KeyCode Detector.
gamestoenjoy
jajarvin wrote:

Indeed, this one is very useful Smile
SonLight
gamestoenjoy wrote:
jajarvin wrote:

Indeed, this one is very useful Smile

A paragraph describing its definition and use would be a good addition.

That would:

* Satisfy the curiousity of people who don't have a clue.

* Help novice users to be sure they are using it correctly.

And, most importantly,

* Increase traffic from search engines related to the subject.
rx9876
It's a very useful website!
Bookmarked it instantly.
SpaceInvader75
It seems very useful, and I'm going to share it, but I am curious about something, because I started a blog and I'm going to start building websites. I was wondering if you can find your site when you go to google and search for the tools? If not, how do you plan to increase traffic?
rx9876
SpaceInvader75 wrote:
It seems very useful, and I'm going to share it, but I am curious about something, because I started a blog and I'm going to start building websites. I was wondering if you can find your site when you go to google and search for the tools? If not, how do you plan to increase traffic?

As far as I know, you could submit the site map of your website to google for the search indexes.

You could refer to these instruction to build and submit your site map to google, which makes sure your website will be googled after they finished the index refreshing.

However, the contents of your website actually determines people see your site or not when they search the keywords.

Learn about sitemaps
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/156184?hl=en

Build and submit a sitemap
https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183668?hl=en

Submit a sitemap to Google Search Console
https://support.google.com/sites/answer/100283?hl=en

Web Sitemap Generators List
https://code.google.com/archive/p/sitemap-generators/wikis/SitemapGenerators.wiki
gamestoenjoy
SpaceInvader75 wrote:

Yes the site is ranked high in Google for many keywords like:
Two's complement calculator
One's complement calculator
Bitwise calculator
BCD calculator
Query string splitter

You can see it by yourself Smile