FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows 7 problem

supermanlovejan
My laptop will automatic shutdown, window 7. can anybody solve for me. Thanks.
deanhills
Try and reinstall Windows 7. Usually works in most cases, unless it's a hardware problem. But try reinstalling Windows 7 first. Hopefully you have the license number and disk, but if you don't have a disk see whether you can find the installation software online, and then use the license number to reactivate the software on your laptop.

Here are some guidelines for installing Windows 7 with a flash disk.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/a/install-windows-7-usb.htm
rx9876
When there are critical errors occured, Windows will crash and restart the whole machine.
In this case, you could find the memory dump file records the crash reason (at least it's the reason Windows system considered why itself crashed).

The detail procedures are really complicated.
You could follow this webpage to try.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2201779/applications/how-to-solve-windows-7-crashes-in-minutes.html
amagard
Before reinstalling Windows it might be wise to check the event log, as described here.
Basically navigate to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools and double-click Event Viewer.
Look for all types of events under "Windows Logs", especially System and Application.
Hopefully this gives you more insight into what is causing your computer to re-boot.
decontaminatoR
Hi,

I think the problem can exists of some:
Crash (Solved by Diagnostics or reinstall)
Just automatic shutdown itself (Control Center -> Search for "Power Settings" -> Skim through settings)
Or Heat-Problem (If you're laptop is getting very hot very fast.) (This is in my Case. Sometimes I get into my Room, and Zapp, laptop off)

Hope that solves the problem.
Otherwise: What Laptop do you have?
cybersa
supermanlovejan wrote:

You can tell us more details.
When it will restart automatically? like opening some app,opening hard disk etc...
This would help us to provide a better solution for you.
banderass
supermanlovejan wrote:

more details are needed

after opening an application ?
directly after startup ?
what is your laptop ?
and you might want to check your Task Scheduler.
or maybe your antivirus
korryaldrin
You might want to look at the eventlog and try to find events for when the machine is shutting down. Since you say this is happnening frequently, then this should be easy to determine from the eventlog. Try to determine a pattern (is it always shutting down at a particular time?). Try to glean from the events what was happening on the machine. If it does happen at the same time each day, then take a look at the machine at that time and physically see what's happening. Another idea is that perhaps your machine is blue screening (again, you should be able to determine this from the eventlog). You also mention above that you're not the main user; who else is using the machine and what are they doing with it? Could someone else be shutting it down?
jestoy0514
hi have you check maybe you got a virus. Some of our system administrator were using Combofix to remove the spayware and check the system configuration as well.
deanhills
jestoy0514 wrote:
hi have you check maybe you got a virus. Some of our system administrator were using Combofix to remove the spayware and check the system configuration as well.
Thanks for submitting this Jestoy. Been looking for an alternative to my Malwarebytes who is becoming more and more commercial. Not sure I'm that happy with the premium version of Malwarebytes. Combofix looks worth checking out particularly since it is open source. Cool