FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FireFTP issue

Ghamilton
I'm trying to use FireFTP for the first time and am getting nowhere. I know the FTP site exists, I've set a firewall/AV rule but all I'm gettng is the unhelpful message 'unable to make connection - please try again later' which isn't any use?

Ideas anyone ?

G
jmraker
If it's unable to make a connection, then you should make sure the hostname, the port number and the security (none, Auth TLS, Auth SSL, Implicit SSL, SFTP) is correct. Once they're correct it'll either work, or you'll get other error messages. If you can connect with another FTP client, then try to copy over as many of it's settings as you can.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-60268.html

You can always try using a more popular ftp client, FireFTP is a firefox browser plugin where most others are programs that are dedicated to just FTP.

One neat feature FireFTP has I don't know if any other one has is, if you make it open a file in a text editor, edit it and save it, it will automatically upload the saved temporary file back to the server.