FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Registers A Few New Domain Names

goutha
The folks in Mountain View have registered a few new domains in the past couple of days.

+ GoogleMagazines.com
also registered in the .net, .org, and .info domains.

+ GooglePapers.org
also registered in .net and .info domains. GooglePapers.com is registered to a person in British Columbia.

+ GoogleMicrofilm.com
also registered in the .net, .org, and .info domains. Forget books. We do know that LOTS of microfilm needs to be digitized. (-: Other than that, speculate all you want, or not.

+ GoogleLibrary.org
GoogleLibrary.com, .net, and .info are registered to others. Here's a chance to get at least one domain.

If you want to review more Google registered domains? Check this list :
http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/txt/google_dom.html
niceboy
I don't understand why it registered so many domains

and I think www.google.com is enough
maclui
Well it is doing it again, google has had a tremendous growth, and mainly because of the innovating work they have doing, and many times the innovation is just an improvement, just like google earth. What is it with this guys that they just make things so easy to use, and so friendly even my mom could use it?
The domain thing is not that important just like somebody said above google.com is more than enough. It is not secret that google plans to digitalize almost any thing that can be internet based, such as books, maps, even an office internet based platform.
MidwestCreative
Those guys at google are so damn smart, they'd have my vote.

They support tons of initiatives that are rock-hard awesome, so they gots to have a bunch of domains in case one of them takes off.
psycosquirrel
I have disliked Google more and more since they went public...

They are expanding too much...

They need to stick with what they are good at; search engines, and improve the one they already have.
meretyping
but it is already the best, anyway my mom and my brother both love google earth with a passion. and their blog search is very convenient to me as well. where would we be without google and all its various services?
psycosquirrel
True.

But even if they are the best, the best can always get better Wink
izcool
I'm surprised they haven't registered http://www.gugel.com/ lol. Very Happy

- Mike.
meretyping
maybe they did and are just not telling people. you know, in secret. they are sneaky, after all.