FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Idea...

James Bond-007
Well, I was wondering if you would change the board software to XMB. I think it is better than phpBB and there are more customizations. If you want, I could install it and everything.

To view a sampla of what I am talking about, here are my James Bond forums:

http://qbranch.frihost.net
Maka
But does it have usergroups?.
Rsam
I don't think it's worth the hassle.
HalfBrian
Yes, I agree with Rsam, it is not worth the hassle for going from phpBB to XMB. phpBB is tried and true, and there is great support for it. I can not make final descisions, but I don't think we should switch.

-Brian
James Bond-007
There is a way for me to convert the phpBB database tables to XMB...
mathiaus
If there was a conversion to take place why not choose a better board to xmb such as ipb? At least then it would sort of be worthwile (ipb has usergroups)
V2.1 is just the best. now its paid they seem to be advancing faster than ever Laughing
James Bond-007
mathiaus wrote:
If there was a conversion to take place why not choose a better board to xmb such as ipb? At least then it would sort of be worthwile (ipb has usergroups)
V2.1 is just the best. now its paid they seem to be advancing faster than ever Laughing

IPB looks just like phpBB, IMO...

And XMB is free, no need to pay for forum software where you can other forum software... Don't you think?
wking
try use the discuz!!
n0obie4life
James Bond-007 wrote:
mathiaus wrote:

IPB looks just like phpBB, IMO...

lol. it doesn't even LOOK like IMO. IpB has much more functions, like timed banning and the COPPA Interface rawks. If phpBB and IpB merged, i wonder what would happen...it would just be great!
Helios
FriHost Boards work fine with phpBB... why should the admins change the whole system?

Too much useless work =\
Bondings
Helios wrote:
FriHost Boards work fine with phpBB... why should the admins change the whole system?

Too much useless work =\

I agree. Very Happy
n0obie4life
phpBB rawks Wink
Helios
n0obie4life wrote:
phpBB rawks Wink

phpbb sux if you´ll ask me,
Why? Because it´s uncomfirtable to use and admin.
But what do i understand, right? =P
davmcmul
I'm no expert but in this case I don't think it even matters, please don't just say phpbb sux/rawks without giving a reason, that's not argument or discussion, its just contradiction and it's getting us nowhere. Please point out exactly what is better/worse about the idea Wink
Maka
This arguemnt isnt going anywhere, if bondings wanted to change the board he would of told us in this thread.

Locked.