FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Launches Google Analytics !!!

Sunny
http://www.google.com/analytics/

Google steps forward in an effort to dominate the cyber world.Its free and sounds like can be very handy. It is based on urchin technology acquired by google in March.

Quote:
Google Analytics tells you everything you want to know about how your visitors found you and how they interact with your site. You'll be able to focus your marketing resources on campaigns and initiatives that deliver ROI, and improve your site to convert more visitors.

Sophisticated, yet easy to use.
We believe that web analytics should be simple and sophisticated at the same time. We've designed Google Analytics to have enterprise level capabilities and yet still be accessible to anyone who wants to improve their marketing and site design. Google Analytics delivers all the features you'd expect from a high-end web analytics offering, and provides timesaving AdWords integration features.

Integrated with AdWords.
If you have an AdWords account, you can use Google Analytics directly from the AdWords interface. Google Analytics is the only product that can automatically provide AdWords ROI metrics, without you having to import cost data or add tracking information to keywords. Of course, Google Analytics tracks all of your non-AdWords initiatives as well.
dhawal
I believe Urchin is also available with Cpanel(I am stuck with DirectAdmin).
hac
Thanks for the notice man. this is truly wonderful. Last time I checked Urchin was wanting ppl to pay for their services and look now google makes it free!
Dante
Yes I agree, this is a very good thing. I work with evaluating websites, and this kind of information is very useful for site owners. The big brother conspiracy about information is a bit overblown: You have to bear in mind, what can these people actually do with the information they gain. If they could piece together all your personal browsing behaviour, that maight gain them far more insight into you than you miight wish. The biggest rpoblme, however, is that we all tend to publish far too much about ourselves voluntarily on the web, which a simple Google search will uncover. Indeed CNET recently raised the ire of Google by researching into one of their founder's lives, using, you guessed it, Google.

see: http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/05/technology/google_cnet/

It cannot be underestimated how much being out of touch with your clients and users is a problme for people who produce and maintain websites: A website often makes an organisation more removed rather than more accesible, as feedback, on the telephone for instance, is so much more detailed and interactive.

Dante
shaggly
Remember, it can take up to 24 hours for the service to correctly propogate itself. I signed up for it this morning, and tied it in with my Adsense programs...
cwijeratna
Quote:
Over the last week, we've experienced extraordinarily high demand for Google Analytics, so much that we've had to disable new signups to ensure the best possible user experience for our customers.

anyway hope signups will re-open shortly, as they say.
dhawal
Lucky for me I signed up early Very Happy.
mengshi200
very well!google is very wild to push new product.
tbsly
Hey,
I was just wondering if anybody could post a quick summary of the kind of info Google Analytics can give you. I'm gonna try to get my site up pretty quick and am wondering how exactly I can make analytics work for me. Thanks for the help,
tbsly