FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Getting acceptes by Fri Host

thermaltake
Hi FriHost,

After getting accepted i went to the Admin thing and i logged in after that what do i do i'm a bit stuck i don't understand what to do next i've created a website on front[age but how do upload it. Can you please help me FriHost. I need urgent help. Thanx for accepting me by the way. I appreciate it.
engeland
Frontpage as in the program on windows?

Well, try uploading your index.html file into the Public_html folder.

You must be a new user. I bet your under Direct Admin.
Bondings
Name the home page index.html and move it together with all other files to the public_html directory.
paul_indo
In the past I have used servers where the default page could be index.html in the root folder or frame1.html in a /frame folder.

I know you just said to use the index.html but what I mean is, is this the only option or, will the /frame/frame1.html option work also on your server?

thanks in advance.
Bondings
paul_indo wrote:
In the past I have used servers where the default page could be index.html in the root folder or frame1.html in a /frame folder.

I know you just said to use the index.html but what I mean is, is this the only option or, will the /frame/frame1.html option work also on your server?

thanks in advance.

The root for your website will be /domains/my-indonesia.frih.net/public_html/ . There should be a redirect in your file manager to it, or just browse through the directories (or use ftp/frontpage). The directory will only show up if there is an index.html file or index.php file. Otherwise it will give a 404 error. (unless you changed some settings)

To make another file the index, you need to create a .htaccess file with content "DirectoryIndex <file.exension>". "DirectoryIndex frame/frame1.html" should also work. (I didn't test the last option)
paul_indo
Thanks for the clear and concise answer.

And man you guys are FAST.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
To make another file the index, you need to create a .htaccess file with content "DirectoryIndex <file.exension>". "DirectoryIndex frame/frame1.html" should also work. (I didn't test the last option)

That won't work most of the time. It will work (yes, contradictory), but if let's say if its a phpBB forum, then someone tries to login, it will attempt to connect to

http://<domain>.com/login.php and not http://<domain>.com/frame/login.php

So, I think the same effect would happen in that frame1.html