FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ps4 - bluetooth headphone?

zacky
Well I been trying to battle with this PS4 feature called Bluetooth on my headphone.

No matter what, i tried so different headphone and none of them works with PS4 but works on PS3...

Some of them are just release on late 2014..

Anyone can help?
william
You can't pair Bluetooth headsets with the PS4 because, for reasons I still don't understand, the PS4 can only support four Bluetooth devices at once, and all of those slots are reserved for controllers. This is in contrast to the PS3, which could use up to seven devices (heck, some games even benefited from this by allowing you to use seven controllers). There might be a future update that adds compatibility, but for now, your only choices are using the headphone jack on the controller or using a USB set. USB headset support was added in an update, so there is hope for Bluetooth support as well.
amp3d
william wrote:
You can't pair Bluetooth headsets with the PS4 because, for reasons I still don't understand, the PS4 can only support four Bluetooth devices at once, and all of those slots are reserved for controllers. This is in contrast to the PS3, which could use up to seven devices (heck, some games even benefited from this by allowing you to use seven controllers). There might be a future update that adds compatibility, but for now, your only choices are using the headphone jack on the controller or using a USB set. USB headset support was added in an update, so there is hope for Bluetooth support as well.

wow, I didnt know this. This is huge! thank you!
zacky
william wrote:

Thanks man! At least it gives me hope.

And yeah, I never tried to use that included headset on the box, not sure where it is as it looks low quality.
Finoblackbo
Me and my friend read this thing that has really good read.
ownjoouk
The official Sony headset with 7.1 virtual surround is a good buy. I use it all the time as it stops my wife ranting when grenades are going off under the bedroom! Smile

It is a great headset for chatting too.