FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server 1 cpanel inaccessible

deanhills
Don't know how many active users there are on Server 1, but they may not be able to access their cPanel. Although Website may be up, and one is able to get in via FTP, cpanel has issues.
deanhills
Update: looks as though the server is completely down now. Can't access any of my Websites.
LxGoodies
Oops ! That's bad news dean ! I just tested my web page on freehost that works, FTP too. Dunno what server I am on, I've been member for years.. but not since 2008 !
deanhills
LxGoodies wrote:
Oops ! That's bad news dean ! I just tested my web page on freehost that works, FTP too. Dunno what server I am on, I've been member for years.. but not since 2008 !
You can check what server you're on when you look into your Account. Or check your sub-domain against the list below. Very Happy

Server 1: frihost.net
Server 2: frih.net
Server 3: frih.org
Server 4: frihost.org

On the positive side we were up for about 187 days uninterrupted before we went down. Server 1 has been in really good shape. Hopefully all it needs is a reboot and all will be well again.
LxGoodies
Ah that would explain it.. I'm on a frihost.org (server #4)
deanhills
Just heard from Bondings at FFS and it is bad news. Server 1 cpanel has had a mechanical failure at the data center level. Double whammy is that the failure of cpanel disks included failure of backups. Bondings says for now he can only see old files dated before the previous server move.

The data center is in the process of putting in new drives and a new OS, but Bondings is unfortunately away on leave and will only be able to get to fixing things by Tuesday evening/Wednesday.
sonam
deanhills wrote:
Just heard from Bondings at FFS and it is bad news. Server 1 cpanel has had a mechanical failure at the data center level. Double whammy is that the failure of cpanel disks included failure of backups. Bondings says for now he can only see old files dated before the previous server move.

The data center is in the process of putting in new drives and a new OS, but Bondings is unfortunately away on leave and will only be able to get to fixing things by Tuesday evening/Wednesday.

My site is down too. Shocked Shocked Shocked

There are I am testing one site and my customer don't like it this situation.
But I have paid host too. Razz

Sonam
deanhills
sonam wrote:
deanhills wrote:

My site is down too. Shocked Shocked Shocked

There are I am testing one site and my customer don't like it this situation.
But I have paid host too. Razz

Sonam
Are you on Server 1?
sonam
deanhills wrote:
Are you on Server 1?

Yes I am. The customer call me and say the server is not accessible. Shocked But like I know the forum is on the server 1, too. My site is not working but forum is OK?! Confused

Hope Bondings will find good solution soon.

Sonam
deanhills
sonam wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Are you on Server 1?

Yes I am. The customer call me and say the server is not accessible. Shocked But like I know the forum is on the server 1, too. My site is not working but forum is OK?! Confused

Hope Bondings will find good solution soon.

Sonam
Hi Sonam. The Frihost Forum is on Server 2, not Server 1. Very Happy

The cpanel server on Server 1 failed completely and made ALL of the backups non-functional. All of the hosting accounts on Server 1 have to be recreated from scratch.

If your situation is urgent, why not PM me your cpanel domain, e-mail and username and I'll get those to Bondings.

If there is any one else in a similar situation with Server 1 only, please PM me with the same information.
RosenCruz
Terrible news. Hope everyone have recent back ups and Bondings can rebuild the server ASAP. That was a great German machine as far as I heard from Dean
deanhills
Agreed Rozencruz. The Data Center is excellent. I can imagine with this happening to them they'll probably double up on everything for the new server hardware. There's always a silver lining somewhere. Razz
sonam
deanhills wrote:
Hi Sonam. The Frihost Forum is on Server 2, not Server 1. Very Happy

The cpanel server on Server 1 failed completely and made ALL of the backups non-functional. All of the hosting accounts on Server 1 have to be recreated from scratch.

If your situation is urgent, why not PM me your cpanel domain, e-mail and username and I'll get those to Bondings.

If there is any one else in a similar situation with Server 1 only, please PM me with the same information.

It is not urgent. Like I wrote I have paid hosting and I can wait. All testing I can do on my home server and I haven't any trouble with customer. He just like to see how is working scripts before upload on his server. Smile

But I would like to keep frihost host because it is good for online testing. Wink

Sonam