FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A nice picture I took

codegeek
http://imgur.com/MEgAq12

This is a picture I took at Sauraha, Chitwan national park. The lighting is very nice, and the whole scene is pretty relaxing to look at. What amazes me about this photo is how perfect it came out. I look at the man on the boat and just think how different the image would be if he were just slightly hunched or if his hand was not perfectly linear with the row. I think I got really, really lucky with the timing. If anyone has any suggestions as to how the photo can be edited to look better in Photoshop, I'd really appreciate it.

P.S. Please click on the image on imgur to view it full-size. Here is a smaller version.

quanmechanix
Nice shot you got there! Very Happy And the scene is so calm and relaxing. On the top left of the picture, what is that smoke like thing? Is that a smoke or just a ray of sunlight? Smile
grahammiranda13
This looks amazing. What a wonderful view. Truly amazing. Love it.

codegeek wrote:

This is a picture I took at Sauraha, Chitwan national park. The lighting is very nice, and the whole scene is pretty relaxing to look at. What amazes me about this photo is how perfect it came out. I look at the man on the boat and just think how different the image would be if he were just slightly hunched or if his hand was not perfectly linear with the row. I think I got really, really lucky with the timing. If anyone has any suggestions as to how the photo can be edited to look better in Photoshop, I'd really appreciate it.

P.S. Please click on the image on imgur to view it full-size. Here is a smaller version.

deanhills
Agreed Codegeek. That's a special shot! Cool
codegeek
quanmechanix wrote:
Nice shot you got there! Very Happy And the scene is so calm and relaxing. On the top left of the picture, what is that smoke like thing? Is that a smoke or just a ray of sunlight? Smile

It's either smoke or a bit of fog; I'm not quite sure. Sauraha is famous for its elephants, and I saw some people there who burn elephant dung for fuel.
codegeek
@dean, @grahammiranda13, Thank you. Very Happy
Blaster
Reminds me of a stock photo. It truly looks amazing especially considering that its not like you had set the stage for the photo.Sometimes we just seem to get a lucky shot.
codegeek
Blaster wrote:
Reminds me of a stock photo. It truly looks amazing especially considering that its not like you had set the stage for the photo.Sometimes we just seem to get a lucky shot.

Plus, I didn't take it with a professional camera or anything. Just thought it would be a good shot, and took it with my phone's 8 MP camera. I was left in sheer awe when I first looked at the picture. I was like, "Whoa!"

Then, I showed it to one friend and within no time everyone was just gathering around to look at it. Very Happy

P.S. I was on a class picnic in Sauraha.
kaysch
Nice photo indeed. At first I thought you had taken it somewhere in Africa. Then I googled and found that Chitwan National Park is in Nepal, close to the Indian border. One of the countries I have never been to but which is high on my list.
Did you take the photo at dusk or at dawn?
LxGoodies
Very nice, codegeek !

It can be used as screen background..
Ankhanu
This is a pretty spectacular shot, codegeek. As mentioned, the scene is pretty serene, and technically it has a lot going for it too. There's a nice clockwise sweep to the image, moving your eye through the whole scene. The sun and the boat kind of offer two competing focal points, but, no matter which you go to, either the mist swings you up, or the tilted horizon swings it down to take in the rest of what's on offer. The muted, almost sepia tones really work too.
codegeek
kaysch wrote:
Nice photo indeed. At first I thought you had taken it somewhere in Africa. Then I googled and found that Chitwan National Park is in Nepal, close to the Indian border. One of the countries I have never been to but which is high on my list.
Did you take the photo at dusk or at dawn?

It was at dusk. We reached this spot after walking around all day in Sauraha. You should definitely visit Nepal. I really couldn't tell you if it's a good holiday destination (because I live here!), but I've met up with several tourists who really enjoyed their time here in Nepal.
playfungames
That is a nice picture bro. Did you go to Sauraha this year? I went to Chitwan a couple of years back and I loved my time there. Getting somewhere in the middle of the jungle and living there for a night was fun. I tried elephant riding, but didn't like it that much. But I preferred the rest of the experience. We were dancing till late night in the fire with the local Tharu dance. I also remember boating in the morning. It was really peaceful there.
codegeek
playfungames wrote:
That is a nice picture bro. Did you go to Sauraha this year? I went to Chitwan a couple of years back and I loved my time there. Getting somewhere in the middle of the jungle and living there for a night was fun. I tried elephant riding, but didn't like it that much. But I preferred the rest of the experience. We were dancing till late night in the fire with the local Tharu dance. I also remember boating in the morning. It was really peaceful there.

Yeah, we went there for a class picnic. It was fun. I didn't go for elephant riding (was on a budget). We stayed in a small training facility. You seem to have had a lot more fun there with the Tharu dance, boating and stuff. Very Happy

Anyways, it's a great place and I really plan on visiting again someday.
cybersa
codegeek wrote:

Good work.
I think no modification is needed.Its already looks nice.
Keep it up.
standready
Fantastic photograph, codegeek! Perfect timing! Thank for sharing.
codegeek
standready wrote:
Fantastic photograph, codegeek! Perfect timing! Thank for sharing.

Thank you. Yeah, I got very lucky with the timing. I love this image.
DJ_Devildog
Excellent shot, I don't think you need to edit it with photoshop as the timing of the image did most the post processing already just by looking at it, at most ps may bring out some more highlights from the water reflections but not much else.
mephestie
It looks amazing Laughing
crawfish
wow that's a great picture whos in the boat?
Beds
What a lovely picture - you've got a good eye for photography!
ssiera
Thanks for sharing this nice big Cool