FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Halo Movie

Eyre
Anyone heard much about it? I've been keeping up a little bit with Bungies Weekly updates, but havent read it in a bit. Directed by Peter Jackson though, that'll be good!
fireyemtgirl
Wow, I feel like a loser for not hearing about this already. I don't use live much so I never check Bungie
Zack
I would see it even if it got bad reviews.
mtoni
gheh you stole my line ^^ Very Happy
I'm sure that if Peter Jackson direct this movie, it will be quite good.
I hope that the movie has a good storyline, with plots etc. Smile
and ofcourse lots of action
rip8fan1
Peter Jackson IS NOT directing this movie! His company is PRODUCING this movie.

Peter Jackson is the director of the newest King Kong movie though.

King Kong will be here on December 14.

Halo - check here for a 'preview':

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreviews/halo/review.html
Eyre
rip8fan1 wrote:
Peter Jackson IS NOT directing this movie! His company is PRODUCING this movie.

Peter Jackson is the director of the newest King Kong movie though.

King Kong will be here on December 14.

Halo - check here for a 'preview':

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptreviews/halo/review.html

Heh, thanks for the clarification Embarassed . Like i said, i dont check the site much, and if i do, i skim the article. sorry for my false info Razz
visionmaster
is it going to be based on the events from 1 or 2 or a new story
i dont have the time to read all that stuff
and it will be a pointless movie without other characters so will the master chief get a girl!!??
Eyre
no idea yet...all they have said is that there will be a movie
Jayfarer
If Bungie manages to keep some restrictions and have a say in what goes on in the film, this just may be the very first good video game movie.
fecophobia
Halo is close enough to being a movie anyway.. I will see it in theaters.
AgenthHero
Yayyy, i cant wait to watch that movie. It should be good, i mean the game is sick. Is it gona be animated or actor-type?
nakamaru
If it's anything like the cinimatics in the games, it should be great.
odinstag
Eyre wrote:
Anyone heard much about it? I've been keeping up a little bit with Bungies Weekly updates, but havent read it in a bit. Directed by Peter Jackson though, that'll be good!

I am waiting for any information I can get on it. I love the Halo story. And I hope they do a very good job making the movie.

Master Chief Rocks. And Cortana better be hot.
Eyre
Razz they most definitly have a LOT to live up to. The movie has to be good, or else they will totally get flamed. The fans are looking at it to be one of the best movies ever. I know i'll be there on opening night Very Happy
Goatmonkey
I have been keeping up with the updates as well. I thought it might be okay when I first heard about it, but then I learned that Weta is working on it and I got really excited. I mean how can you not after the work they have done on LOTR, king kong,and The Chronicles of Narnia. There work and Jackson's directing really give me hope that it will be a really great movie.
The_Kenifer
A Halo movie, well I will reserve my judgement. First there was Wing Commander, it was painfully bad, then Doom, The Rock, kill me now, Halo, well I will wait quitely. So do they go for a know actor for master Cheif or will he be like Darth Vader, we will never get to see his face as in the game. Ohh the possibilities. It will be interesting to see the animation of some of the scene's from Halo 2. That Scarpe crawly thing. Oh and I think it is about time for them to take a wack at Half-Life, it would be intense. well it could be intense
KungFuChris
With the amount of budget being thrown behind this film, it could go either way - a huge explosive immersive film with decent actors and decent scripting...

...or the usual lot for a game based film - one or two big names, an over abundance of special effects that are no longer 'special' and a script that fell off the back of a lorry (reworked by a couple of monkeys on typewriters that are missing a few letters).
Goatmonkey
YEah I have been keeping up with Bungie updates as well. I Knew they were going to make a movie , but I did not hink that it would be done well. But, whenn I found out that WETA and Peter Jackson were working on the film I thought that it might do well.
valkyrie-heavens
ive heard of it.!!! my uncle was the one that told me actually. we were talking about final fantasys graphics and then my uncle brought up that they were making a halo movie aswell... i want to see it Very Happy .
picsite
after seeing king kong, this one will be amazing....king kong was kinda long but really good...im expecting the same from this...
alkady
It looks good, King Kong was quite amazing with its 90% CGI, I hope halo will be something like that, Maybe Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within type of CGI. I also hope that it will feature a whole fleet of air carriers.
mceejaydee
http://imdb.com/name/nm0868219/ The director

http://imdb.com/title/tt0464037/ Info about the movie
boocherry
I think it very strange from him to go from Kong to a video game movie. But he is a smart guy and cares a lot about story. If nothing else it will be a good popcorn movie.
Jeff_vella_leone
alkady wrote:
It looks good, King Kong was quite amazing with its 90% CGI, I hope halo will be something like that, Maybe Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within type of CGI. I also hope that it will feature a whole fleet of air carriers.

Yea i fully agree with u
if its gonna be like Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within graphics it will surly be great. I like so much that movie, allthough it could have got a little more action in it but its a good movie over all.
I think that if they make it with actors, the film would loose its originality, just can't immagine halo movie done with actors, it will surly cost them much with the entire earth under attack so its more worthy and logical to do it with graphics.