FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who plays Minecraft here?

ElSouq
Does anyone here play Minecraft? Do you play modded or unmodded? (not including resource packs. I use the sphax puredbcraft)

I usually play with villager mods, at least small ones to stop the annoying "heeeeeeh" sounds Smile

Until recently, I played the "Sim-U-Kraft" mod on 1.6.4, but he doesn't make it for 1.7+, so I installed and tested the "Minecraft comes alive", "Helpful villagers" and "Millénaire" mods.

MCA was my favorite, but right now I'm just using Millénaire. It adds villagers of different races to the game, and lets you create your own races as well.

Do any of you use villager mods, or just play with vanilla squidwards? Smile
Insanity
I've just started playing and I don't think I'm playing with mods, but I'm having a hell of a time right now just wandering around learning the different things I can build and making my first house. I think it's an excellent game and it's very similar to Terraria, which I started out playing first.
ElSouq
Yes, it's really similar. Terraria is like a 2d version of it. I like terraria too, but I must say I am awful at it lol. I can't even reach hard mode without other people to help me beat the WoF Smile

In vanilla minecraft, I think the hardest boss is the enderdragon in "the end".
thekingpuff
I haven't gotten to really sink my teeth into Minecraft. Perhaps one day I will be able to learn enough about it to actually create something cool. Some people have a lot of skill and imagination to come up with the things that they do. Do you have any cool creations you could share?
decontaminatoR
Hey there!

I'm playing Minecraft, on several Servers. some known, some not. I'm not liking mods that change gameplay, because you're not finding often servers with them installed. But I love MCForge, LiteLoader, Optifine and MacroKeyBinds, and VoxelMap (of course).

My favourite Servers are:
hive
hypixel
wynncraft
withercraft.de
mineplex

I love playing Minecraft.
ownjoouk
Sadly I only play it on PS4 and Vita..... I'm waiting for the boos Very Happy
Insanity
Terraria 1.3 just came out and if you liked Minecraft you might also like the sandboxing features of Terraria as well. Although it's not the exact same thing as Minecraft, it has many of the similar open world sanbox elements of Minecraft. It is definitely more focused on attacking, adventuring, and other quests rather than building, but there are similar elements to both.
loveandormoney
ElSouq wrote:
Does anyone here play Minecraft? Do you play modded or unmodded? (not including resource packs. I use the sphax puredbcraft)

I usually play with villager mods, at least small ones to stop the annoying "heeeeeeh" sounds Smile

Until recently, I played the "Sim-U-Kraft" mod on 1.6.4, but he doesn't make it for 1.7+, so I installed and tested the "Minecraft comes alive", "Helpful villagers" and "Millénaire" mods.

MCA was my favorite, but right now I'm just using Millénaire. It adds villagers of different races to the game, and lets you create your own races as well.

Do any of you use villager mods, or just play with vanilla squidwards? Smile

Two in our office like it. Its great. Its fantastic,
silverdown
I play Minecraft, and currently waiting for 1.9 "Combat Update", I always play Vanilla. I create my own mods and test out ideas if what I can or cannot do in Minecraft. I also have my own servers which I host locally but sometimes launch on a dedicated server or VPN. I don't usually play with anyone as they always destroy what I am doing or i allow them to watch in spectator mode, but it is rare as they always ask "What are you doing", "what is that going to be" or "Can we play too". I am waiting for my new two rigs to get built so I can stream as I am creating mods, building and testing other things out while having fun.
cowkingsscribe
I enjoy playing it vanilla, however, I prefer playing it with Minecraft Comes Alive and the Roguelike Dungeon mods. The biggest problem for me was the lack of NPC interaction and eventually it gets kind of boring to explore. These two mods definitely fix that problem. The Roguelike Dungeon mod was a revelation for me as I absolutely LOVE Roguelikes.

I play vanilla quite a bit with my 9 year old son.
ulrikejunker
my kids played it, so i started too Very Happy
SkyVodka0904
I play minecraft every month!
lightwate
I played the android version but I eventually quit because I got dizzy from all the moving. I didn't know there were bosess? Is there a story line or something? I think I'm missing out lol.
smanning
A little bit yes. But it doesnt tempt me to play a lot. Back in the days a played a lot of Minecraft.
loveandormoney
Insanity wrote:
I've just started playing and I don't think I'm playing with mods, but I'm having a hell of a time right now just wandering around learning the different things I can build and making my first house. I think it's an excellent game and it's very similar to Terraria, which I started out playing first.

I think
only the start is difficult.
Insanity
There is a steep learning curve, but y ou're right only the beginning is really difficult to get a handle on things. After playing it for a while, I've found out that it is not that hard, although it's still possible to die in the underground and in the nether world pretty easily if you're not careful. The learning curve is probably what makes other people not want to play as much and think it is difficult. But overall I can say that it is not that difficult because really now little kids are learning how to play on their mobile phones and computers, so if they can learn how to play well, anyone should, really.
bigbill360
I play Minecraft in vanilla mod and in modded, it's more fun when there are more components and machines Very Happy .
Josso
I run a server 24/7 running 1.7.9 it's private build but if someone wants to PM me I'll put you in the trusted group
ratanegra
I love Minecraft! I haven't played it for a while but the concept is glorious. I haven't found a similar game anywhere, with so much freedom and stimulus to creativity.
restonpiston
I also love mincraft, i think i've spent like 3000 hours in it.
I played it vanilla, and also tried nearly every mod out there.
And my favourite mod is the old RedPower2, it was a revolutionary mod at that time