FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

But how?

Yonohikari
Quote:
How did I know, that I know, what I know?

I read this on some website (forgot the site). So, any explanation?
jmraker
Yonohikari wrote:

https://www.google.com/?q=%22How%20did%20I%20know,%20that%20I%20know,%20what%20I%20know?%22

Maybe this is easier to answer: How come I don't know that I don't know what I don't know?
deanhills
jmraker wrote:
Yonohikari wrote:

https://www.google.com/?q=%22How%20did%20I%20know,%20that%20I%20know,%20what%20I%20know?%22

Maybe this is easier to answer: How come I don't know that I don't know what I don't know?

Also why am I curious about knowing what I know, or knowing what I don't know? What motivates us to be interested in what we know or don't know?
LxGoodies
Yonohikari wrote:
Quote:

I read this on some website (forgot the site). So, any explanation?

Ok let's simplify it first,

A- "How did I know what I know ?"

By stating this as a question, you are actually unsure. You don't know (or remember) why you accepted something as knowledge.

Suppose you find out. Now, your question has a third level,

B- "How did I know, that I know, what I know?"

You can still doubt your knowledge, because you can't know where your "thruth feeling" about certain things originates from in your brain.

Suppose your answer is "I don't know". That implies actual knowledge does not exist for you. Knowledge always remains an illusion, because you don't know why you (ever) acknowledged anything as knowledge.

Suppose your answer would be "I thought so" or "I don't care". In that case you only need to answer A to aquire knowledge.
jajarvin
What you do not know is no matter of importance.
Indi
jajarvin wrote:
What you do not know is no matter of importance.

Really? If you do not know there is poison in your dinner, you think that is no matter of importance?