FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Suggestion

FlOw
Hey FriHost,

I know I am a newb in this forum but maybe you should look into selling game servers for the clans that are up and comming. People who sell the game servers are starting to make alot of money because BattleField:2 has come out and everyone is overcharging! Laughing
deca
I am guessing this won't happen. Webhosting is totally different. Marketing a website is different from marketing computers.
dan751
Web host servers are not game servers. Frihost only has 2 servers, both are dedicated to web hosting. If you want a game server, you'll have to pay for one elsewhere, or make your own. Sorry.
n0obie4life
I was just telling Bondings about this Laughing

Well, starting a Game Server Business isn't simple. First, you have to have a good location. You can't have a server in Singapore then asking people from USA to play. Their ping would be 600+ Wink.

Thats just one point.

Then, having a game server business in the US isn't the best of best ideas, there's like over 100 game server hosts there, you'll have to compete in quality/prices and etc.

Thats just two points now.

I'll let you come up with the rest Wink
bananaphone
One more point to add to noobieforlife's list:

You have to have extremely fast servers to handle all the bandwidth. Webhosting servers need lots of storage, gaming servers need lots of bandwith - they're not interchangable, Bondings would have to but new servers. (You can use the ones we have currently)
FlOw
LoL wow bash on me why don't you. It was just a suggestion... Confused
SNES350
FlOw wrote:
LoL wow bash on me why don't you. It was just a suggestion... Confused

They weren't bashing you, they were only posting the difficulties involved in having a game server service.

FRIhost should remain doing what it is doing and not try to branch out when the prospective service is already fulfilled nicely.