FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Interstellar (2014)

RosenCruz
Has anyone seen it ? It is the smash movie hit of 2014, another Christopher Nolan & Brother fiction.
Blummer
An interesting film. Pros - many facts are science based and quite believable. And the music. Which is just mindblowing, maybe one of the best works by Zimmer.

dude_xyx
Seen the trailer and it looks supper cool. Still haven't watched it.
standready
I plan on watching it when it becomes available on DVD. Not paying outrageous theater prices only to be surrounded by rude people.
Blummer
Quote:
I plan on watching it when it becomes available on DVD. Not paying outrageous theater prices only to be surrounded by rude people.

I watched it in an almost empty one, so I definitely enjoyed it all from the start. Enjoy yours. Wink
Insanity
I thought it was a great movie with some great performances of all the actors involved. It definitely reminds me of 2001 A Space Odessey, which has the similar themes and motifs.
shtuffandthings
By far one of the most beautiful and well made movie. Visual effects were stunning. The script and screenplay was astounding and beautiful. 5/5
tonberry
In the minority here - I didn't like it. The story was warming up decently, but ended up being a washed up, common sentimental "about the bond between people" kind of thing. It dragged down the Space Odyssey-inspired ending which could otherwise be good. Zimmer's soundtrack was equally mediocre IMHO - he dropped his usual routine and was allowed more freedom only to provide something more standard instead of experimental - contrary to what his situation suggested would happen. On iMDB it's 29th on the list of best movies of all time which probably makes it the most overrated movie ever for me. At least in theory, movie studios pay awful lot for upping votes in online websites and some of my friends disliked it as well, so I don't know what was the general reception.

Inception was phenomenal though, both Nolan and Zimmer were in phenomenal form there!
Insanity
I agree kinda the ending was a bit too much like Space Odyssey -- too much stuff to figure out and understand what's going on. But I do think it was slightly better than Space Odyssey because it wasn't as vague and I understood a little more of what was going on. It's much harder to interpret the ending of Space Odyssey.
Blummer
Insanity wrote:
I agree kinda the ending was a bit too much like Space Odyssey -- too much stuff to figure out and understand what's going on. But I do think it was slightly better than Space Odyssey because it wasn't as vague and I understood a little more of what was going on. It's much harder to interpret the ending of Space Odyssey.

I would particularly agree to this statement. However there was one thing evident - Odyssey sort of showed a birth of something new, for me it felt like a start of another cycle - I mean the very end of it - whereas Interstellar had this accomplished event of a step forward to a new era of existence.
RasselSnow
Matthew McConaughey is the best!
I like this film so much
lightwate
It was a fun movie to watch, hard to predict and all. I didn't like the ending though.