FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

looking for smart phone gaming

johans
i am looking for a new phone for my son that has the same function and games with PSP can any one suggest?

I dont like iPhones.
RosenCruz
Go for a LG G2. It provides great performance for the price you pay
william
Same function and games as a PSP? The closest thing to that is an Xperia Play, which is about three years old and severely out of date. Not to mention the execution wasn't that great. But it has controls that slide out like a PSP Go and it can play some PSP games and Playstation Mobile titles as well.

If you're actually trying to play the same games as the PSP, you're going to need the most powerful phone you can find. My experience with a Snapdragon 600 equipped phone is quite good, so anything similar or more powerful shouldn't have any trouble. Then you download the PPSSPP emulator and load your games on that. It's quite a good emulator. I've noted some lag here and there in some action heavy scenes, hence why the more powerful phone you get, the better. You will get touchscreen controls which are pretty awful for anything other than a visual novel. At that point, I'd recommend getting a clip-on controller. Something like the PowerA Moga would do. Or you can download the SIXAXIS app and hook up a PS3 controller. You can clip it on with on of many clips available.

Really just boils down to how much you want to spend. If you didn't need phone functionality, I'd be willing to suggest an nVidia Shield or a PS Vita as well.
Da Rossa
I thought PSP was obsolete. But if I were to change my phone today, I would go for a Xperia Z3 or Galaxy S5. I'm tired of iOS. At least those two models are the highest-end in Brazil.