FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many hours per day you use computer?

rafael2112
I use on average 6 to 8 hours per day, drawings in autocad (the screen is black for not force eyes), also into sites/forum and chat of facebook, and you?

Many people tell me that I can have problems in eyes, will be that this is true?
RosenCruz
More than four. At least....
pravojednostavno
Between 6 and 8 hours per day.
deanhills
Right now, about 18 hours. I've been doing a lot of Website stuff. And of course that's interfering with my sleeping once again. Razz
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
Right now, about 18 hours. I've been doing a lot of Website stuff. And of course that's interfering with my sleeping once again. Razz

Wowww. That is too much. You should take it easy Wink
Blaster
2 or 3 hours i'm sure is the most. There are some days I don't even look at my computer.
deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I'm planning to tonight. Dead beat! Very Happy Would be nice if I could get 8 hours.
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I'm planning to tonight. Dead beat! Very Happy Would be nice if I could get 8 hours.

Just grab a few beers, relax and have a nice 8 hours of sleep after a good movie Wink
Blaster
Beers are always a good idea when trying to go to bed. At least for me it relaxes me.
chasbeen
It's my job and I suppose hobby (Although, stop! I have others)
I'm probably like the Dean!
rafael2112
deanhills wrote:

Wow, you no have time to eat Shocked
amagard
I am sitting in front of a computer 8 hours a day. That's already too much.
@rafael2112 - you risk your eyes, of course, and thus you should regularily get them checked, but also you risk a lot more, as shown in this Lifehacker article: "How Sitting All Day Is Damaging Your Body and How You Can Counteract It". They simply say: "Sitting kills !"
cps31
I say my altetnative life as life in computer world. Minimum 14 to 15 hours I spend in computer.
standready
Varies depending on work load. Also do I include the hours that two additional computers are running calculations and optimizations while I work/play on another?
zacky
On everyday basis, with just doing from work, its 8 hours.

But if I started to have pet projects, inventions I play with, and other stuffs, its almost sleepless.

By far, the longest time I had in front of computer is 3 days straight without sleeping and only have 2 hours break per day. Well its kinda a worth it because I get plenty of cash.
amagard
standready wrote:
Varies depending on work load. Also do I include the hours that two additional computers are running calculations and optimizations while I work/play on another?

The stats are about you, not your computers. So it doesn't matter how many computers you run in parallel as long as you sit in front of one of them.
chasbeen
I've never been on a computer in my life http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-160189.html
spinout
Last week 2 hours a day... but next week - 8 hours per day...
Da Rossa
Over 10 hours. This isn't good. I work in an IT company and do everything to help my boss. This means gathering information for him and drafting reports. At home, I go for my games and other fun. Leaving the front of the computer is difficult because it keeps you awake.
Crypted
Too much, along with being on my phone.. I should really exercise more xD
Nyasro
Since I'm a Online Marketer I spend all my time in front of computer.
I don't have any problems till now but many suggest that I might suffer from eye problem anytime.

Search for some softwares to optimize the screen to suit the eye.
Perform eye exercise to keep eye healthy.
Take foods that helps to keep eye healthy.
sudipbanerjee
I have already completed my PhD work so presently I only use computer at my workplace. Average timing for using computer daily is 4-5 hours.
spinout
8 + 2 a day -> ten hours... a day
Serkuuz
24/7)
playfungames
This is a very common question. I believe that I have answered this one before but I'll answer it again since the number of hours I use my computer has changed. These days, I use my computer around 6 hours. I spend time on it to do some freelancing work, maintain my websites and watch some series and movies For other purposes of going online, I prefer to use my mobile phone. If you combine both these, i.e. the total number of hours I spend staring on a screen, it must be around half a day. Sad
quanmechanix
As long as I could and if I'm doing something very important and necessary. Very Happy
sudipbanerjee
Time to use computer decreased in my life.
rjraaz
Nowadays I use my system for around 20hrs. Just shutdown it when I go to bed.
pindar
24 hours!
Just any time I am not doing biological needs
rjraaz
I Can't Live without My System.

I almost maximum time of day on it.
spinout
the system... hopefully not windows.... Smile ha ha .
I have to work again and so 10 hours a day...
BigGeek
Let's see - get up in the morning and log on to the computer and work on the web from 4:30 AM until 7:00 AM. Workout, eat, go to work booted back up and online at 8:30 AM - stay on line and working on the computer until 5:30 - 6:00 AM pack up leave work - go home - boot back up get back on line around 6:30 and work until 9:30 to 10:00 PM So - 2.5 + 8 + 3 = 13 to 14 hours a day I spend on the computer.

Now to give a little exception - I do advanced tech support and troubleshooting on the phone - Typically I am away from my desk and not on the computer when doing so. Plus I spend time in the test lab - testing equipment and software - and some of that is not on a computer - however I typically have to use a computer to program test devices - But it is not like I am sitting in front of the Computer non stop for 13 to 14 hours a day! I use it for work, hobby, and home business so I am on the computer a lot Smile
skon88
I spend more time on my laptop than any other thing.... spend about 13-18Hrs daily.
sudipbanerjee
decreased drastically. 30 minutes or less per day.
cybersa
I spend 4-6 hours a day.
But some days,if i have some project works to complete,i will spend more than 8 hours.
spinout
I heard that spending too much hours is having the same affect in general as smoking does.
mshafiq
almost all time in front of computer because of job requirements. After job at home i have to lot of work on computer.
rjraaz
I spend 10+ hours per day with my laptop.

With some new eye problems like flattering, dryness, irritation etc..
sudipbanerjee
At present the time for my computer use decreased.
spinout
I am now down to 4 hours, but next week it will be up to 10 again.... zzzz
mshafiq
Almost all day in front of computer. I love programming and automation.So i can not stay with out computer. I always curious about new things. i can not leave it until i can get whole understanding about that topic.
nam_siddharth
Average 6 hrs per day.
spinout
well up to 10 again... still I am enjoying it... If it is your work well coop with it
sudipbanerjee
It decreased than last year. Only a hour per day.
esmeeey
i actually surf for like an hour or two. but there are times I spend 8 hours. lol there is nothing in between
TheGremlyn
Too much time I think. I work on a computer. And when I'm not working on mine I'm usually working on someone elses! I love the part where I'll be on my computer but then I need to remote in to someone elses for support and troubleshooting. At times, when I got home, I might do some more work at home if I need to get something done and I can't let it sit. Other times I might have a game to play that is on my laptop. So at work I'm looking at about 7 hours. Then at home... it's a toss up. I might play a game until I got to bed so I'll add another 3 or 4 hours to my day. I used to wake up and go to my computer first thing as well... that's probably another hour... I haven't done the morning part as I spend more time getting ready, but I do have my iPad with me while a movie or something plays so I have some noise in the background. Also, I have a bunch of ebooks I've been reading and that will either be on a phone or my iPad...
playfungames
I spend a lot of time on the computer these days. I must spend around 10 hours a day on the computer. I must spend only 10% of that in work. The rest of the time I'm on social networks, forums, YouTube etc. I also watch a lot of series on the computer these days so the time is high. Man, only if I could spend some more time away from the PC and invest it in the real world. But I'm so addicted to the internet and movies and series. The only time I go out is for my classes.
LxGoodies
8-12 hours.. 8=work.. weekends about 6 hours/day (used to be more)
Possum
It.. (they) are on all day. At least 4 hr IM behind them.. More if you count I watch youtube via chromcast. Maybe 8 to 9hr per day...

Love it..
Garrysmith
Can,t say exactly, it all depend how long I play a game
tonberry
I work at home by the computer so unfortunately more than I should. Usually 12-14 hours each day (always more work than I have time) but when the deadline knocks at the door, sometimes even 16-18. That's why I have one day a week with zero computer because that kind of lifestyle (or lackthereof) is extremely fatiguing.
mshafiq
Please do not ask this question that how many hours i am sitting in front of computer because i am computer Guy.
Beds
More than 6, less than 10. But I take breaks in-between every hour or so to avert my eyes. It also depends on what I'm doing on my laptop.
johnhastings
I am using computer between 6 to 8 hours per day. I am working as employee my job role want to use system everyday and will use the facebook and reading online news through the system.
testerzz
I think 7/8 hours per day
fiat126p
It really varies on my timeline. When I go to my academy, I use computers for like 5 to 6 hours averagely but I'm actually a computer addict so during a day off, I can spent even 14 hours sitting in front of a computer. Dang it, I must change eventually in order not to totally make my backbone crooked. :p
Zghenjifo
More than 12 hours. It takes me 8 hours at http://www.casesam.co.uk/ work. And at home, I will watch some Samsung Galaxy S6 case movies and other fun.
sudipbanerjee
Drastically decreases in last few months. Just one year before my average use was 5-6 hours per day but today it maximum 1-2 hours per day sometime no use in whole day.
Insanity
Too many, I think. I work all day ont he computer then I come home to the computer again and do the same thingsl. Well not exactly the same things, but I still stare at the computer screen and type and use the keyboard like I do at work, so nothing much really changes. I would say 10 hours of my day is spent on the computer because I do so much stuff on it. Although sometimes at work I don't use the computer all the time, so that's easier to keep track of, but usually I am and at home I'm on my computer as well if I'm not out. Now that I think about it, that's a lot of time on the computer....
yavuz
depends if I stay home with my family, I use computer a long time but if I stay without family, I cant use a long time because I should homework.
spinout
I have a time limit for the eldest son - the only thing that keeps him away from it...
snowynight
I spend 4-5hours daily on the computer, an extra 2-3hours on the phone surfing the Internet or just chat on line.
RosenCruz
Lately, more than 6 hours
spinout
lately I have been sitting before the screen for 8 hours a day... and doing nothing special
SpaceInvader75
Some of that is watching youtube videos and I don't always sit in front of the computer to do that. Sometimes I just listen to the video while doing other things. But sometimes I spend more than 4 hours because I am trying to figure internet marketing. It seems like there's an unlimited number of youtube videos about it and most of them try to tell me how I can be making millions in 3 days if I order their course! Smile
MOUD
12 to 16 hours. My job requires at least 9 hours a day.
rusher
6 to 8 hours everyday. Shocked [/img]
morganperry89
I use my computer 10 hours a day.
zarawatsonn
I am using computer for more than 12 hours daily. I know it is not good for my health, but in my job it is a main hero!!!
playfungames
My habits of using computers more than 8 hours a day is currently going down. I use the computers these days around 4 hours. Well I'm staring at my mobile phone at other times but I'm not counting that. If I count the mobile phone hours then it is too long, too much. But computers, yes they have significantly gone down because I have found friends and the outside world more pleasant these days.
hown
as of now , more than 10 hours
spinout
Hm, at work 7,66 hours... Home 1 hours
dude_xyx
I have just realized I use computer at least 12-13 hours a day. That's a lot I use at least 8-10 hours for my work and rest is for other stuff like learning things, watching movies and TV series, talking to friends etc. I need to spend more time out side Smile

Ah this is about week days. In weekends its lot less than that.
jestoy0514
Approximately 6 to 8 hours a day.
ratanegra
I used to use it around 16 hours a day. Just wake up, use the computer, then go to sleep. However, I've been trying to change my schedules lately. I still use it more than 8 hours a day, but now I do more activities such as going to the gym, to the theatre, hanging out with friends, etc. I want to give my bones the opportunity not to look like holey cheese bones when I'm older.
ratanegra
I used to use it around 16 hours a day. Just wake up, use the computer, then go to sleep. However, I've been trying to change my schedules lately. I still use it more than 8 hours a day, but now I do more activities such as going to the gym, to the theatre, hanging out with friends, etc. I want to give my bones the opportunity not to look like holey cheese bones when I'm older.