FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is IRAN safe to visit?

deepode
Is Iran safe to visit? Since Iraq shares its border with Iran, are there any signs or news of penetration of ISIS or ISIL or IS whatever you call them, inside Iran? Is it politically stable? And also, is it being attacked frequently by terrorists? In short, leaving behind pocket thieves, is it safe enough to spent 1 month in Iran?
Insanity
I think you should avoid going there for the moment if possible, I hear there are some pretty dangerous situations you can get yourself into. Unless you really need to go there for some reason, I'd suggest stay away. You can also look on the State department's website to see if there are any warnings that you should take heed of.
deepode
Well I have looked on many sites and guide from British FCO too, it seems it is more harmful for western civilians. I am from India, also I don't think anybody will want to visit IRAN for holidays (unless religious reasons, doesn't applies to this case). Some sites suggest that Iran is pretty safe regardless whats going inside Iraq.
jajarvin
It depends on your nationality.
I think for example US citizens should not at moment visit Iran.
pavlakaslatka
I know many people visited Iran, they all recommend this country. But, for sure - avoid going there if you are US citizen